• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chipstick

Ecp Heater Matrix

chipstick

I'm after a new heater matrix.

When googling, a link to ECP states the one they do is Nissens. On the ECP site it only lists one, and doesn't mention the manufacturer.

I see others have purchased them from ECP with presumably no quality issues as I haven't come across any negative comments. Priced at £21 which surprised me. I imagine Peugeot will want 3 times that.

Before I order, any recommendations of particular brands that seem to be favoured? (don't say Puegeot if it's stupidly priced :D)

Anthony

The ECP one works fine, but the heater core isn't as dense as the OE Valeo item and as such isn't as effective in winter when full blast on the heater is "warm" rather than "hot". Personally, having used both, I would (and indeed on my new 205 have) pay the extra and get the proper Valeo unit.

IMG_3905.sized.jpg

ECP unit on the left, the old original Valeo unit on the right with the higher fin density

marksorrento205

Your not far wrong :lol: £68

Having fitted both a gen pug one and one from ecp's, the pug one was easier to fit. However once fitted there was no problems :)

Edited by marksorrento205

Leet205

I got a euro car parts heater matrix which was fine but the pipes supplied with it were s*ite. terrible fit.

If you decide on the euro car parts one, do yourself a favour and get it here - http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Peugeot_205_1.9_1991/p/car-parts/car-cooling-parts-and-car-heating/heating/heater-matrix/?214735000&1&dfb31ab944b4e9915d6ab391c7bb64e3f2fc715b&000189 - (cheers Welshpug!)its the sister company and its much cheaper :)

Anthony

I got a euro car parts heater matrix which was fine but the pipes supplied with it were s*ite. terrible fit.

Odd, as the pipes on the ECP matrix that I fitted seemed fine and I had no issue fitting them :huh:

Leet205

Yeah I was surprised myself, I compared them to the originals and they were way off, maybe just a bad run? I have pics somewhere if anyone is intrested.

Miles

Same here, The last cheap one I had to re-use the orginal pipes as the 2 new ones where 2 short, maybe for a LHD car but crap

Fox

I've got one ready to go in. It did seen a little lighter than the OE Peugeot one. The only reason I'm swapping it is due to the end of one of the pipes rusting through.

chipstick

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback :D

Josh_Quant

Euro car parts bits always fit like that :L

Matt Holley

Same here, The last cheap one I had to re-use the orginal pipes as the 2 new ones where 2 short, maybe for a LHD car but crap

Mine was the same, my original pipes were fine though so wasn't to worried.

nickaliath

Hey Dan Let me know which one you buy, if its crap i wont buy the same LOL :lol:

Paul_13

Has any one got a picture of the connections between the heater matrix and pipes? Are they just O-ring seals?

Also any pictures of how it's removed? It's probably the only job I haven't done on a 205 :lol:

Anthony

Removed from the drivers side footwell, held into the heater box by two screws.

O-rings do the sealing on the two pipes at the matrix end, secured by two plates each held in place by two bolts (8mm head IIRC)

IMG_3907.sized.jpg

Only thing to watch out for is that it will leak some coolant when you remove the pipes (obviously part-drain the system first!) and that there's a screw that holds a bracket that secures the pipes to the side of the heater box that's not immediately obvious and will break if you just yank.

Straight forward job to be honest - you won't have any issues.

BlueBolt

That's Kewl, I got this job to do in a couple of weeks , unfortunately I need to completely replace the whole heating unit as the cables are knackered on the controls...

Will be looking out fr an ECP one I recon lol

shalmaneser

I got a GSF one I think, not much more expensive and Valeo if i remember correctly? Been a while though, could be wrong!!!

cRaig

Bit of a bump- anyone know where to source a Valeo heater matrix? Mine seems to be leaking slightly, I do remember vaguely having trouble with it before at some point.. (its either that or the windscreen.. but given the drivers footwell, and radio cubby hole are damn, I assume I am correct to think the heater matrix is a more likely suspect? (Will check tomorrow properly to see if the water around gets warm when its running.)

Europarts seems to only list an unbranded one, would rather stick with valeo if I can. Failing that a nissens one from ebay a safe second bet?

Cheers

Craig

Edited by cRaig

BlueBolt

Nothing wrong with the ECP one mate, mines fine, and cheap and easy and quick to get hold of...

• Like 1

chipstick

Not had any issues with the £13 delivered ECP one I bought. I reused the OEM pipes I think

cRaig

I shall keep it in mind.. it is cheap and tempting! Have you noticed any loss of heat output like Anthony mentions further up the thread?

Cheers

Craig

chipstick

It's not been on the road enough as it is let alone when it's cold enough to worry, so I personally can't answer that accurately i'm afraid :lol:

• Like 1

BlueBolt

Mine gets warm enough that I feel rough... I'm not a fan of thins gettin too warm and generally like the cool/cold, but not too cold... With my temp at half way I find it often too warns for comfort, but again, she's only been back on the road for a couple of months now...

Alan77

Cheapo heater matrix, coupled with a new fan motor in passenger footwell makes a whole world of difference, even with my heater dial being a bit lame at the max...

Like Bluebolt says, it actually gets too warm and a bit too stuffy.