• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Front Bumper , Brackets, Sliders Etc Diy ?

djinuk

Ok , in the middle on my 205 restoration (gone on for years now). And my front bumper sliders etc were all rotton.

Ive done a little bit of research and it appears the base models used a diffrent simplier design to the gti's , where as the gtis have a slider with some form of a rubber and all kinds of magic, the problem is every 205 ive took apart also has what appears to be brackets removed from the titanic (after it sunk) , does this mean its peugeot only, or have people came up with a cheap and basic diy job?

darrellspeed

i found this as well, ended up using a rear bumper kit from ebay, but added a couple large washers, and removed the sliders completely, just make sure its in the right place before you tighten it up.

cRaig

If you look a few threads down in the body section, you will see that I have posted regarding the the front bumper fixing kit and Tom Fenton is discussing making the non available part, see this thread for updates.