• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiniGibbo

Wishbones For The Rallye?

MiniGibbo

From what ive seen on a quick search the GTi can be upgraded by fitting the 309 gti arms? i didnt however see why just that its the "done thing" :rolleyes:

What arms would be a upgrade for my Rallye as i guess i cant go by the GTi's as they have different setups with mine being a base model?

tia.

shalmaneser

309 arms are slightly longer than 205 arms giving a degree and a half of negative camber (if memory serves), improving turn in. The Rallye setup is completely different and I'd suggest that the best initial upgrade you could make would be fitting a gti subframe, then either 309 arms or adjustable top mounts.

Cameron

As above, though -ve camber is more for grip in the corners than turn-in. (sorry I'm super anal and can't let that go :lol: )

Fitting a GTI subframe would be your best starting point, whether you then go for 309 or standard GTI wishbones is up to you but either will noticeably improve things over base model sus.

pug_ham
Fitting a GTI subframe would be your best starting point, whether you then go for 309 or standard GTI wishbones is up to you but either will noticeably improve things over base model sus.

Not forgetting that to do this also means different front shocks are needed for the drop links & GTi arb.

g

johnnyboy666

Or fit 309 track control arms. Much MUCH cheaper option. 309 wishbones are far too expensive IMO. You'd also have to move the gear pivot on the subframe if you changed it i think.

Edited by johnnyboy666

Cameron

You mean lower control arms? Why bother? Surely a better option is just to fit 205 GTI suspension and subframe and move away from the base model design. Even if you don't go for 309 wishbones you'll benefit from it.

shalmaneser

You mean lower control arms? Why bother? Surely a better option is just to fit 205 GTI suspension and subframe and move away from the base model design. Even if you don't go for 309 wishbones you'll benefit from it.

exactly. I've never driven the base model but it looks bendy as hell, gti design is far superior.

MiniGibbo

So unless i change It all there's not much of an option, I'll be keeping the base model gear then lol..

Cheers for the advice.

rallyeash

i went from base model setup to 309 gti bones and shafts, 205 subframe and arb. much better :)

Cameron

So unless i change It all there's not much of an option, I'll be keeping the base model gear then lol..

Cheers for the advice.

Well there is an option, you can polybush your current setup, but why go to all the effort of doing that when swapping it for a complete GTI setup will take the same amount of time and (depending on who / where you get it from) cost less?

BERTMAN

I've gone from base model to GTi, and i'd definently advise on doing that! Just for starters its so much easier to replace wishbones lol.

i also have a GTi subframe i don't need with MA gear linkage on it... ;)