• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

Fitting 205 Headlamp Adjustment Kit

cRaig

Hey there,

While the engine bay is nice and empty, Im planning on fitting my 205 headlamp adjusting kit (as fitted in mainland europe). Anyone done it before? Anything I should be aware of?

I imagine the kit simply runs around the front edge of the engine bay, much like the bonnet release cable?

Cheers

Craig

welshpug

Is that the thing with the large knob as found on phase 2 309's?

If so then it is just a case of swapping the bits.

cRaig

Its the cable operated kit, which has the adjustment dial on the drivers vent. I'll try and get a pic of it later.

Pic of a european one off the internet:

205%20Interieur.jpg

Edited by cRaig

Henry Yorke

I've got one of these in the garage that I had forgotten about. I thought it was an electric kit?

cRaig

Well, the one Ive got is certainly cable operated, with plastic prodders at the end. Seems simple enough to fit, just got to figure out which hole it comes though, I think it replaces the throttle cable grommet, and then find somewhere out of the way to run the cables, with some very small 'P' clips to hold it I think.

I'll take some photos along the way :)

Daviewonder

Wow I didn't know these existed!! Anyone selling one?

cRaig

Its a pretty cool setup. Kind pointless in a way, but I figured it would go well with heated seats, aircon, one touch windows and gentry illuminated sun visors :D:P

welshpug

gonna be the slowest 128 bhp 1.9 ever with all that bolted to it :P:lol:

Daviewonder

Yeah I want one now to go with my heated windscreen, heated mirrors and gentry visors :lol:

cRaig

gonna be the slowest 128 bhp 1.9 ever with all that bolted to it :P:lol:

Whatever.. I havent even mentioned all the soundproofing in it yet.. :P:D

Yeah I want one now to go with my heated windscreen, heated mirrors and gentry visors :lol:

My long term plan is electric mirrors harvested from a 106 GTi.. but I have forbidden myself from starting any more pointless addtion projects untill the car actually runs again! :lol:

omega

where did you get the wood trim from?never seen that before.

cRaig

Not my interior, just a pic I grabbed off the internet. I believe it is a european 'gentry' spec, although I am open to corrections.

omega

Not my interior, just a pic I grabbed off the internet. I believe it is a european 'gentry' spec, although I am open to corrections.

thought it was strange you having a left hand drive one.

Para

Yes, it's a picture for LHD Gentry.

screenshot20111126at125.png

And believe it or not but it's actually working :P It is some sort of rubber hoses going on each side of the headlight , hoses are connected to the headlamps adjusters beside the headlamps. That sort of setup is one of the main thing which is NOT working or more likely to stop working in your European 205. I have it in my GTI 1.9 but only 1 side is working.

screenshot20111126at125.png

Edited by Para

cRaig

Yes, it's a picture for LHD Gentry.

And believe it or not but it's actually working :P It is some sort of rubber hoses going on each side of the headlight , hoses are connected to the headlamps adjusters beside the headlamps. That sort of setup is one of the main thing which is NOT working or more likely to stop working in your European 205. I have it in my GTI 1.9 but only 1 side is working.

May I ask how the cables are secured in the car? You dont happy to have any photos of their layout through the engine bay do you? :)

Cheers

Craig

Edited by cRaig

welshpug

just had a look at servicvebox and it doesnt list any clips or fixings, the brackets are different for the remote adjustable kit, also they would follow the bonnet release cable in a lhd car but the throttle cable in RHD.

cRaig

Yeah, I think from the throttle cable hole, along the inner wing box section, under the engine mount, to the slam panel, and then accross. Will see how it goes.

Para

cRaig I have 1 set for sale , brand new Valeo, let me know if you need some.

just the pipes and endings

1913937847.jpg

Edited by Para

Miles

Never works anyway so I'd say pointless of fitting it, I know in all my 309's when they where new, They worked for a few months and that was it.

cRaig

Haha, no, not a huge fan of headlamp washers. Spent a while disconnecting them on my girlfriends V70, as they use soo much water! Plus they are pretty ugly on a 205 :D:P

Para.. Your inbox is full :)

Para

My email para@peugeot205.pl

farmer

to revise an old thread i have the chance buy a new set these "euro adjusters " if anybodys intersted