• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
starky5

Rear Wheel Bearings

starky5

My rear wheel bearings are on the way out so im in need of replacements. Euro car parts list a SNR rear wheel bearing kit, does anyone have any experience with these? for example are they good quality bearings? Or can you suggest a good quality replacement?

Im told its is a complete hub you have to replace by my local motor factor but if i found the correct size bearings is it possible to press them in?

O its a 1990 1.9 gti so discs on the rear

Thanks

Andrew

welshpug

no its not possible to replace the bearing on its own, the outer race is the hub.

SNR should be ok.

miamichris

Since its a 1.9 you can't just replace the bearing, you have to replace the whole hub. I was able to get SKF ones from GSF car parts when I rebuilt the beam on mine but i'm not sure what brand they may give you.

EDIT: ^^ What Welshpug said :lol:

Edited by miamichris

starky5

Ive just had a quick look on GSF and cant find SKF hubs but with a 25% discount offer on euro car parts i can do both rear hubs, discs and pads for £200 which seems like a fair price to me.

SurGie

SKF are the ones i go for, i always hear that they are good quality ones.

Whats the Euro car parts code for that 25% off, i need a set of bearings right about now ?

nickaliath

Cheapest place i found when i bought mine was GSF in exeter!!! Cost around £60.00 for both if i remember correctly

Tom Fenton

From having had a few "cheap" "crap" rear wheel bearings, I would advise people to buy on quality, not on price.

allanallen

From having had a few "cheap" "crap" rear wheel bearings, I would advise people to buy on quality, not on price.

Yep, especially steer clear of the v-tech ones Gsf supply. Skf ones are worth the extra money.

nickaliath

I dont think they were v-tech the ones i purchased, unless it wasnt from gsf?!! as ive bought so many bits recently ive probably forgot. LOL

starky5

SKF are the ones i go for, i always hear that they are good quality ones.

Whats the Euro car parts code for that 25% off, i need a set of bearings right about now ?

the code is WINTER25 and is valid until the end of the month!

I dont mind spending a bit more for better quality, does anyone know where i might find an SKF rear hub?