• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
J_Orr

Peter Maiden Suspension

J_Orr

Hi,

Have the chance to get a full set of shocks and spring (+ rear dampers) for my 1.9 Gti.

Just wandering what these are like? Now I used to have Spax adjustable shocks and springs before and these were amazing, so what would they be like in comparison?

Thanks in advance,

Henry Yorke

Peter Maiden Components were around donkeys years ago. I think their stuff would be at least 10 years old now as they have long since gone

Baz

What he said, plus i don't think they ever actually made anything themselves, they were just re-branded low-level stuff effectively, as far as i could see.

JoshGti

I don't think they had a very good rep from what a quick google search reveals! Probably best to stick to the usual stuff available from bilstein Koni etc...

J_Orr

Cool thanks for the advice. Came across a new set on ebay there just wandering if they were a steal or not. Will stay clear for now!

edbar

I know that they were standard gas kyb shocks with some lowering springs re branded as pmc. Some of their high end kits were g-max re branded. used to go there all the time and im best mates with a guy who worked there and mates with 90% of the old staff. They did some great stuff, unfortunately the house suspension kits were not one of them.