• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Henry 1.9GTi

306 Gti-6 / Hdi Rear Arb

Henry 1.9GTi

I am looking to get a p3 306 HDI in the near future and would like to upgrade the rear ARB.

Am I right in thinking i can order a 306 GTI-6 arb and it will be the same in terms of length, splines etc...

Cheers,

Henry.

Anthony

GTi-6 (or any "Sport" model) will have a 24mm ARB, and this is a straight swap in place of the HDi's ARB (20mm IIRC)

welshpug

as Anthony said, unless you get a DTurbo HDI which is identical to the gti6 in spec throughout bar the front brakes engine and box.

Miles

Should be the same, If not I;ve got loads of them of which you can have one, Saves me binning the things :lol:

Henry 1.9GTi

well was thinking something a bit more extreme around 30mm, was going to get some eibachs for the front but fancied a bit of fun!

thanks for the advice chaps

Edited by Henry 1.9GTi

welshpug

gti suspension and eibachs work well on a diesel

beware they dont have baffled sumps mind!....

Miles

30mm bar is where it's at, I run these in all of my 306's, Mind you need to replace or machine the pins as the 306 for some stupid reason runs 1 25.8mm (ish) arm shaft

welshpug

ahhh that explains the "hybrid" arb then!

Henry 1.9GTi

thanks for that info Miles, I think I will have to just go for a GTi-6 item in that case. When I actually have the car I will be in touch :)

Just want something with a bit of feel for the commute that doesn't break the bank like the reno does. You have to drive the reno so stupidly fast to enjoy the car that there is just no point on the road, gonna do one track session and sell it!

Miles

I cannot see the point of the Hybrid one myself, I have used one and it made no noticeable difference for the sake of 1.6mm over std, Just a cheap way of not replacing the Arm for most people