• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stu8v

Torsion Bars

allanallen

Yes they're good. Hardcore track car running slicks and negative camber will require 25mm + bars IMO

Miles

Hasn't this been on here before? I think the question was asked about the material used and a answer was never really given, I;d ask who has tested them as well

welshpug

I've got some 23's in my ZX road car, believe they came form them via a group buy on the Rallye Register.

Quality of the machining and finish is great, can't answer whether they have been heat treated properly though.

allanallen

Does anyone know the exact material and treatment process that original pugsport bars went through??

These bars may not be the same as originals but they work well,don't sag etc so who cares!

stu8v

Does anyone know the exact material and treatment process that original pugsport bars went through??

These bars may not be the same as originals but they work well,don't sag etc so who cares!

Its more a case of snapping I'm worried about.

allanallen

Good luck snapping one :D

petert

I doubt you'll ever find that out. I know that if they aren't made from something like EN25/EN26 and hardened and tempered, they'll just sag, going rock hard, because they've been extended past their elastic limit and probably snap. The resultant mechanical properties need have a UTS of >1000MPa and hardness 40 Rc. Member 309PUG on here makes a very nice product and I now buy through him rather than getting them made locally in Sydney. The ebay site above may well be his. Not sure. If the bars are still "bright" in appearance they haven't been hardened/tempered.

SurGie

Ask them if the ones they are selling have a reading of 40 'Rockwell C' hardness, any less then you might as well chuck them away. Also ask them if the the material is made from EN47, which is the ideal type for torsion bars.

Cameron

Don't give the guy the answers! Just ask what material they're made from, what heat treatment they've had and what their hardness is. If he knows his product those should be easy answers, giving him the values in your question just makes it easy for him if he doesn't.

engine killer

Will adding a Whiteline one be better if it is additionally added to the system? At least it has adjustability.

Cameron

That's an anti roll bar though, so will do nothing for the spring rates.

engine killer

oh, i misread torsion bar as antiroll bar :blink: sorry

spikster

Ask Anthony on here to supply them.

Getting mine from him, 24mm Torsion bars and 25mm ARB.

He has supplied quite a few of these.

Andy

allanallen

Ask Anthony on here to supply them.

Getting mine from him, 24mm Torsion bars and 25mm ARB.

He has supplied quite a few of these.

Andy

As far as im aware Anthony and pauls(205turbo) bars are supplied by the guy on eBay.

SurGie

Don't give the guy the answers! Just ask what material they're made from, what heat treatment they've had and what their hardness is. If he knows his product those should be easy answers, giving him the values in your question just makes it easy for him if he doesn't.

Yeah sorry, i should have re-phrased that part of it.

stu8v

Good luck snapping one :D

Mmmm you've not seen me drive!!! ;)

Baz

As far as im aware Anthony and pauls(205turbo) bars are supplied by the guy on eBay.

This!

I have plenty of these and have had for years, they're ace! Thousands have been made over the years, never an issue.

Edited by Baz

Powers

What's the guys username on eBay?