• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy_C

Painting

Andy_C

I've repainted the roof but struggling to blend into the top of the rear quarters. Runs, sags, had the lot. On the positive side, the colour match is bang on but everything else is just not happening. Probably easier just to get a pro to do it properly as there's restoring on a budget to keep Mrs C sweet and then there's doing it cheaply and badly........ :rolleyes:

Edited by Andy_C

pugpete1108

ive just done mine on my graphite shell and the colour was miles out :ph34r: its blended pretty well tho.

i flatted it all back with 1200 and then sprayed the base coat then flatted that out (not really supposed to on mettalic) the masked off way down the pillars before adding the clear.

then basically thinned out the clear ( lighter coat) towards the edges then flatted it all in with 1200, good tcut and polish and apart from the colour it pretty good

speno

Yup i tried and failed to spray the tops of the rear quarters , then i just paid some one to do it .. 140 quid so not too bad , blended in both sides :o)