• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

Looking For Somewhere (Or Someone) To Refub A Non Powersteering Sterin

cRaig

Hi there,

Am currently looking for someone to refurb my steering rack, as Im not really confident enough to do it myself. The parts are on their way (track rods and that bush from AB Motorsport) so Im just looking for someone to do the labour.

Any recomendations?

Cheers

Craig

swordfish210

I would volounteer my services but i seem to recall that a vice was a handy bit of equipment to have and i don't have one.

EdCherry

Just looking for the new bush putting in and new track rods whacking on?

cRaig

Pretty much, assuming there is nothing else that needs doing to it. From what I can gather that is the usual worn/servicable stuff.

Craig

EdCherry

If you can't find anyone else, give us a shout as I should be able to get it done aslong as timescale isn't a real big deal.

cRaig

I would volounteer my services but i seem to recall that a vice was a handy bit of equipment to have and i don't have one.

I can offer use of a vice, if you dont mind coming to bath to do it. Have you done many racks before?

If you can't find anyone else, give us a shout as I should be able to get it done aslong as timescale isn't a real big deal.

Cheers, I see you arent too far away, so I'll keep you in mind and could prob drop it off sometime.

Miles

You need to adjust the bush to fit the rack, It should state that when supplied or Ordered really as the one I had off them was way out so watch out for this,

Everything else is available so no big issue to complete