• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1ack_Mi16

Thread Size Of Servo Pump High Pressure Connection?

B1ack_Mi16

Does anyone know the thread type of the high pressure side of the servo pump?

I need to get a high pressure hose made for my 405 T16 and thought some of you might have made custom hoses like this before :)

welshpug

you mean the vacuum pump?

would imagine most just re-use the original hose as they do last well, they aren't crimped at all as its a vacuum they see, just a jubilee clip.

B1ack_Mi16

I ment the PAS pump. High pressure hose.

welshpug

ahh I see, its not a standard hydraulic thread IIRC, in most cases I have come across the original unions and often a section of the original pipe is used to jojn the new hose to the pump and other components.

B1ack_Mi16

On the pump side the threads are M18x1.5 and on the rack side it seem to be M16x1.5.

Tom Fenton

You will find the odd thread sizes only half the story, as the flared ends are also a non standard weird and wonderful arrangement. It would have been much easier for us if Peugeot had made them say 12S pipe fitting but alas they did not.

As above, the best way is to find a friendly hydraulic place that will swage onto your existing ends.

B1ack_Mi16

Yes, have notices the strange flare with o-ring.

Can someone tell me if this high pressure pipe/tube and this servopump is for a 205 Gti?

I found the hose in my fathers basement, and the pump in the garage, but not sure if it is for the 205 or not. I have silly engough been spreading the parts all over the place :blush:

IMAG0801.jpg

IMAG0802.jpg

You will find the odd thread sizes only half the story, as the flared ends are also a non standard weird and wonderful arrangement. It would have been much easier for us if Peugeot had made them say 12S pipe fitting but alas they did not.

As above, the best way is to find a friendly hydraulic place that will swage onto your existing ends.