• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
starky5

Sunroof And Trim Help

starky5

Hi,

Two quick questions! The first on it where do the sunroof drain pipes go? My sunroof seems to drain into the foot well in heavy rain which doesn't seem quite right! haha

The second question is does anyone know of a good method to remove all paint from my side trims? I've not long bought the car and the bloke who had it before painted them badly and its now flaking off so i would like to remove it and either try bumper dye or prep them and paint them properly!

Thanks for any help

eddie bullit

Hi,

Two quick questions! The first on it where do the sunroof drain pipes go? My sunroof seems to drain into the foot well in heavy rain which doesn't seem quite right! haha

The second question is does anyone know of a good method to remove all paint from my side trims? I've not long bought the car and the bloke who had it before painted them badly and its now flaking off so i would like to remove it and either try bumper dye or prep them and paint them properly!

Thanks for any help

I think the sunroof drains behind either side of the rear valance. I remember removing my bumper to reveal two short drain pipes. Sounds like you have a blockage or the pipe has come adrift were it attaches to the roof. You'll probably need to remove the head lining to check.

Hope this helps

Edd

starky5

I have checked the roof connection of the pipes already and they are fine, i also poured water down the pipes and the pipe doesnt fill up it just seems to drain into the sills and then into the car