• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dariooo

Which Cooper Pipe And Fitting

Anthony

3/16" pipe and almost all the fittings are 10x1 male (one side of the 1.9 brake compensators being the odd one out - 12 something from memory - and base model rear wheel cylinders are a little larger too if it's a non-GTi you're doing)

You'll need about 25ft of copper pipe to do an entire 205.

Paul_13

I find that tool to be a right pain in the arse. There's another style of tool that's a lot better.

Paul_13

I've never seen that tool before.

Dariooo

So which tool you mean? I had think you mean a tool which had I mension 2 post above? In shop of your link I can't find no other flaring tool.

Paul_13

In my link it was the tool with red grips.

The other tool you suggested will do the job but I've never used it.

Dariooo

A ok...

Now I understand. A problem is in her shop. Your tool I can't find in that shop. In a shop it's only one tool.

Dariooo

Now it's oke, I had find it in her catalogue in pdf format. It's £28. I will buy this probability... :)

Paul_13

Laser used to make them aswell

welshpug

the tool linked to are great, definitely worth the £120 if you're going to be doing a few brake lines :)

Paul_13

The laser one halfords used to sell were about 25 quid

Dariooo

3/16" pipe and almost all the fittings are 10x1 male (one side of the 1.9 brake compensators being the odd one out - 12 something from memory - and base model rear wheel cylinders are a little larger too if it's a non-GTi you're doing)

You'll need about 25ft of copper pipe to do an entire 205.

25ft it's enough for 1.6 or for 1.9? 1.9 has two pipe for rear brake, 1.6 has only one pipe with T piece. I'm doing this for 1.9 gti. I'm also need a rear compensator, because I had now a compensator from 1.6 and I would replace it with some compensator from 1.9. Where can i buy it?

Thank you

Dariooo

I don't get something.

Part number 1, 2 and 3.

-Part 1 it's for 205 with abs

-Part 2 it's for 1.9

-Part 3 it's for 1.6 and another TU engine

It's ok? I have on my gti mounter brake kompenstor with number 3. I had also mounter front disc 283. I'm very disappointed with rear brake. It's maybe problem a compensator? It will be better if I mount some manual regulaotr of pressure?

Thank you

post-13983-0-59476600-1320161280_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dariooo

Dariooo

I had find this:

the 1.9 uses 2 preset PRV's . a fixed pressure restriction. one on each line to the rear.

the 1.6 has one canister fixed on the n/s chassis leg at an angle. inside this canister is a ballbearing/piston arrangement which will roll forward as the braking force increases , shutting down the fluid to the single rear line. on a 1.6 if you load (or lower) the rear the angle of the canister increases thus giving more braking power to the rears . kind of a load compensator .

as stated there is no load compensation on the 1.9's

So I think it's better to use 1.9 compensator, because it had a fix relation of pressure.

(All pressures in Bar)

Pressure in / Pressure out

5 / 5

10 / 10

15 / 15

20 / 20

25 / 21

50 / 26

90 / 34

What you think? Or it's better to use a manual pressure regulator? :)