• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Strictly_Derv

Morrette's- Indicator Options

Strictly_Derv

I've recently bought a set which do not have the indicators built in.

I'm unsure whether to-

A) Fit some flashers to the bumper but this would mean cutting holes in it, possibly looking stupid and I will have 2 light doing nothing

B) wire the indicators to the main beam/ spotlamp on the Morrette's which are the inner one's

C) wire up the original square bumper spot lamps as indicators and use the inner lens one's on the Morrettes as spotlamps

Personally I think using the inner light as an indicator would be the easiest option.

Any thoughts?

welshpug

fit indicators imo, thats how they were designed

NeilGTi85

I brought a St. Topez front valance and fitted indicators into that.

tri_longer

You need to watch mounting them in the valance as there is a minimum legal height to which the bulb has to sit above the gound.

You may find if at standard ride height you might get away with it, but of the car is lowered at all (like mine) this wasn't an option, as such I cut and mounted some mk11 golf indicators in the bumper.

NeilGTi85

Mines lowerd and its been through 3 mots and all past with no comments.

I did check before I did mine and the only legal requirement I could find is that they should be visable from a certain angle. There are other standard cars with indicators in the valance.

You can also use the BMW indicators if you going down the in bumper route.

tri_longer

I did check before I did mine and the only legal requirement I could find is that they should be visable from a certain angle. There are other standard cars with indicators in the valance.

You can also use the BMW indicators if you going down the in bumper route.

Yes I agree there are others, but I presume they meet the minimum height requirements. I can only comment on mine as I have a standard valance and it's lowered and the bulb height was the below the minimum as per the below document.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/7/made

jackherer

The MOT test just checks that they work, not that they are installed in a legal position, AFAIK there isn't a reason for rejection that they could use to fail it even if they wanted to. It is a Construction & Use issue, a clued up traffic officer or a VOSA person could prosecute you and put a defect notice on your car.

Strictly_Derv

Mines lowered on coilovers about 100mm but it was pretty high before ao its not actually that low, I do have another aftermarket valance 012-3.jpg

I could fit them there then raise the coiles up if they fail an MOT lol

Edited by Strictly_Derv

davepug205

You can use golf mk 1 or 2 black smoked repeaters and mount them flush in the bumper under the red stip ;)