• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wilyoldave

Heater Fan Always On.

wilyoldave

On the way home adjusted the fan speed and then suddenly the fan went on full power and now I cant stop/ adjust it. Did a search and a resistor or something seems favourite. Is peugeot my next port of call and how much are they.

The other option seems to be the panel itself.

Looks like the haynes manual i bought 2 days ago is going to get used straight away :rolleyes:

JRL

if it is the resistor I seem to remember Miles saying 9/10 if u clean them up they work. atleast its working though!

wilyoldave

Clean a resistor? (off to get haynes manual to see what that shows...)

Thanks for the reply.

JRL

get your head right under the dash on the passenger side you will see the fan motor secure by 3 screws and past it you will see a resistor held in by a couple of screws unplug it remove it and clean it up they can have surface corrosion. 2 min job.

wilyoldave

So fan out(can give that a clean while im at it and some oil to stop it squeking) then get the resistor out clean and refit and fingers crossed!

Thats Satureday morning sorted then!

wilyoldave

Right got the fan and resistor out - the fan looks ok and now its oiled it doesnt squeak! however its still going flat out.

Looking at the rersistor what do i clean? the 4 contacts look ok no obvious corrosion. Do i just need a new one can you buy them?

I have also taken the front panel of the heater controls and looked at the white disc to see if that looked like it was making a connection on the panel behind, looked ok so what next?

Cheers Dave

wilyoldave

Quick pics

P1050287.jpg

P1050288.jpg

P1050289.jpg

wilyoldave

Sorted!

Scrapyard

5 mins

£5

newish resistor

working fan

jobs a good un!

Dave B)

JRL

Good job dave you will be needieng that heater working properly! James

wilyoldave

Cheers James.

Yeah no doubt the heater will come in handy!!

Also oiled up the fan so no squeak!!!

Well pleased - just needs a good clean ready for next Sundays meet.

Dave.

johnnyboy666

Sorry to thread hijack, but ive got a problem with the other knob (oo er) the one that controls the direction of the fan. when turning it round it doesnt change the fan direction, is this more of a mechanical based problem as I assume it uses some sort of lever to change the airflow? anyway I could do with it getting fixed now its getting colder in the morning!