• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Seat Cooling?

johnnyboy666

I know you can get heated seats but do cooled seats exist? nothing worse than getting a sweaty back on a long journey, is there any cars that come with this kind of thing that could be snagged and put in a 205?

Tom Fenton

Some Mondeo ST's have air con seats. However they are huge and I doubt they would fit in a 205. But they are out there.

marksorrento205

I had a Lexus IS220d as a hire car for three months and that had them. I still bang on about the air con seats in that car today :lol: Bloody great in the middle of summer when your power slideing around roundabouts :D

johnnyboy666

I was thinking more about fitting the system into standard 205 seats, or failing that, stick a little rad fan inside the seat, I'm sure that'll be sufficient :P

marksorrento205

You now have two examples you can research and find out the way they do it :)

I know the 220d had perforated leather seats. The ducting was piped to the seat and blew through the tiny holes when you selected it on. Not sure how you could get the same results with the std fabric 205 seats? Unless you had them retrimmed in full leather maybe?

I will watch this with interest to see what you come up with. Good luck :)

harryskid

Sit on an ice pack, just the thing for Real Cool Nuts ! :lol:

Liquid_106

Clicky

Sure you could retro fit the important parts under the standard seat cover, tuck the fan underneath & hardwire a constant supply, rather than the ciggie lighter. :rolleyes:

GLPoomobile

Just rip the back of the seat out and have some netting in it's place instead ;)

If it helps at all, I think it's optional on some Saab 9-5s. There's probably quite a few high end cars in recent years with this function.

SurGie

Maybe they come with some sort of motor box or similar which is why the seats are so big. If you try the dealerships of these cars, see if you can buy the full kit without the seats inc, then maybe, just maybe you can get one fitted to a 205 seat, without any nitrogen leaking out :)

Or try your local scrap yard, but it may get damaged trying to get the inners out of the seat.

Edited by SurGie

Daviewonder

Just cut a round hole in the bottom of the seat and the car floor. It can double up as a commode then too.

feb

Recaro does them in the topline at least:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3214587.htm

AFAIK some Mondeos come with Recaro seats so it could very well be these model that others were referring to.

Edited by feb

tartanbloke

Or alternatively, buy some from a Ranger Rover Vogue SE/Autobiography as these are heated/cooled.

When I used it on cool function with shorts on, air con was getting into places that is was not supposed to be.........weirdest feeling ever.....

2-Pugs

It was an option on the E60 M5. AFAIK the seats are made from perforated leather and blows air from the air con system up through the seat.

pacey205

Mondeos have this option. My dads 54 plate TDCi has heated and cooled seats (perforated leather which the aircon blows through I assume). I think they are standard on the Ghia X spec.

Edited by pacey205

Lan

you're driving the wrong car if you want cooled seats ;) 205's aren't nor will ever be a comfortable cruiser