• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daviewonder

Worn Bushes Or Soft Sidewalls?

Daviewonder

Hello Guys

Iv'e noticed that when I take bends quite quickly in the 205 it feels a bit like the inner wheels are folding under the car. Could this be due to the tyres having soft sidewalls? I also wondered if it could be due to poor aftermarket wishbone bushes, there's no play in them but I'm wondering if they might squash under cornering?

I have Toyo Proxie T1r's all round btw.

Thanks, Dave :)

Anthony

Ovalled/loose balljoint hole in the hub? That can cause a wierd sensation mid corner that I spose could be described as feeling like the wheels are folding under - I'd described it more as the car typically snatching/biting mid-bend and typically not feeling at all confidence inspiring.

Whilst the sidewalls aren't the stiffest on T1-R's I would be surprised if you're obviously noticing their softness on the road. If you were pulling them about that much, then the wear on the sidewall is normally pretty obvious.