• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
engine killer

Strengthen Plate Plus Eccentric Top

engine killer

The eccentric strut top available in the market allows us to adjust camber but tied with caster change (maybe un-desirely)

The Pict shown here was what i found a few years ago from a home brew 206, it was using the eccentric top similar to 205. It also has the strengthen plates welded but with the holes slotted to allow direct camber change without altering caster. In this setup the caster can be altered by turning the strut top, the camber can then be fine tuned by the shifting the strut top to a side.

Has anyone tried this method to obtain -ve camber and more caster before?

post-4860-0-06906500-1318504478_thumb.jpg

top strengthen plate.pdf

Anthony

BakerBM (Stew205 on here) offer adjustable top mounts that can be adjusted for camber and caster independantly, although I've no personal experience with them - clicky

brumster

EK, my new build has a similar approach, although I didn't end up with much adjustment because of the concentric top mounts I have - they meant you can't really move it inboard much without hitting strut braces or the inner part of the strut mount (depending on whether you have the top mount underneath the body panel, or above it). But seems sound in principle?

engine killer

BakerBM (Stew205 on here) offer adjustable top mounts that can be adjusted for camber and caster independantly, although I've no personal experience with them - clicky

I have seen Steward's design on other cars before and it works.

I bought one camber adjustable strut top from Japan long time ago and redesign the plate to accommodate caster adjustment. After a few years thrashing a crack appears at the weak point. So I am thinking of using the top plate slotted for caster adjustment and retain the very original design for camber adjustment.

post-4860-0-97513400-1318510279_thumb.jpg

post-4860-0-04843200-1318510309_thumb.jpg