• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Waddell

Bilstein Shock Aborbers

Gavin Waddell

ive tried to do a searrch but the function doesn't accept words with less than 3 characters.

The car is currently running bilstein coilovers but im going to sell these as i dont really need them anymore and was never really able to set the up properly. no tracks over here, so wanting a fun daily driver with agreeable suspension.

So ive looking to change my front suspension set up, ive been looking at bilstein shock absorbers and was wondering what the difference between the b4's and b6's. I was also going to get a eibach spring.

The car is standard apart from a 24mm anti rollbar.

thanks Gavin

Batfink

The Bilstein B4 dampers are OE replacements. Gas and oil filled but basically standard spec. B6 dampers are the sports range with roughly 30% stiffer damping over standard and are monotube.

Gavin Waddell

ok cool, i was looking on the bilstein website and they stated that they where not lowering shocks, are they still alright to use with lowering springs like i said i wanteed to fit eibachs.?

thanks gavin

Miles

Yes they are fine, I;ve fitted loads like this and have them on one of mine too

Batfink

as long as you are not excessively lowering. Eibach pro-kits are designed not to run too low so they can be used with standard length shocks; giving that oem+ look

omri617

as long as you are not excessively lowering. Eibach pro-kits are designed not to run too low so they can be used with standard length shocks; giving that oem+ look

what do you mean "excessively" , i got eibach pro kit 40 m"m , will they be fine with B4?

afaik , a shock observer which doesn't come to it's full "opening" is getting shorter life

brandon7

Not totally in line with your question but check out some other brands.

I dont rate the Bilstein or SPax rear shocks personaly when it comes the the 205.

Look into others such as Koni

Batfink

what do you mean "excessively" , i got eibach pro kit 40 m"m , will they be fine with B4?

afaik , a shock observer which doesn't come to it's full "opening" is getting shorter life

The pro-kit does not lower too much. You should be ok.

Not sure you can compare Bilstein b4 with Koni. B4's are not a performance damper. If you compare the Koni with the competition bilstein dampers many fit with eibach springs then koni is certainly inferior.

welshpug

I've found koni to be comparable to B6 dampers.

j_turnell

The pro-kit does not lower too much. You should be ok.

Not sure you can compare Bilstein b4 with Koni. B4's are not a performance damper. If you compare the Koni with the competition bilstein dampers many fit with eibach springs then koni is certainly inferior.

Really, even the koni yellows?? i was planning on running these as i've always found koni to be good quality, and there damper adjustable. Was going to combine with some eibachs, i know there stiff but will be running a 6' lump. I do however have the option of using some sprintlines i have.....

Batfink

I'm not saying Koni are bad. They are a lot better than a lot on the market. I prefer the Bilsteins though.