• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiniGibbo

Rallye Interior

MiniGibbo

What do you guys reacon the chances are of being able to find a 205 rallye interior?

And how does the rallye seats differ to the gti's, is it just the leather of them?? bare in mind ive never seen a rallye interior :S

Wallby

I found 1 about a year ago on ebay for £25! If you do find 1 it will most probably ripped and in bad condition as the cloth is not very hard wearing!

I spent a bit of money getting mine refurbished with half leather side bolsters so they would hopefully last a bit longer!

P5200066.jpg

P5200065.jpg

Batfink

The rallye seats are full cloth seats with the peugeot sport emblem in the middle.

allye

Same as gti just cloth, the material reacts with sun light and drys and cracks hence there are no good sets out there! I fitted cloth gti seats to mine, more in keeping than the leather I think.

cybernck

Wallby, that's a smart looking interior :).

MiniGibbo

Very smart interior indeed.

So the smart choice would be to hunt for a black cloth gti interior..

christopher

Wallby, that's a smart looking interior :).

Yes i agree looks really Nice in half Leather. How much did that set you back? (if you dont mind mé asking)

allye

Very smart interior indeed.

So the smart choice would be to hunt for a black cloth gti interior..

No such thing unless it's leather unfortunately. I have 1.6 gti cloth seats, grey and red. I have red carpet as well so it goes, see my project thread for some pics. I would post it but on my iPod! Mine are mint as the cloth wears really well, I replaced a bolster as well.

dch1950

Our french friends at ASCI do a replica set - not cheap mind, €340 per seat last time I looked. I've been looking for a supplier of the black cord for nearly 14 months now. West Trading have a version but it's not so good as ASCI's

The problem I keep encountering is that these are what I call secondary suppliers. These are a rather strange crew, paranoid about their suppliers (hopefully the original manufacturers :wacko: ) and they certainly think you are a bloody nuisance if you ask awkward questions - such as what is the Martindale abrasion figure for the material, is it crib 5 tested, is it UV a+b tested.

This , of course, totally confuses the poor little lambs and the usual reply is "None of our "other" customers ask these type of questions. Just me then - I suppose. What a weird non-professional world I seem to inhabit :lol:

Of all the sets to produce the Rallye ones are the most straight forward - provided the material is of good merchantable quality - Doh! I am now becoming more convinced that I shall be travelling to Shanghai with my sets of seats and then I will get my questions answered and I will get what I (and we) want.

keep the faith,

regards

Dave

PS that's why I proposed black alcantara inserts with black hide bolster covers - a while back - so nice to see a variant done - very neat.

Edited by dch1950

Wallby

I think it cost me around the £300 mark to get both front seats done and across the top and bottom of the back seats.

I made the money back from selling the bucket seats, harnesses and the rest of interior bits I had so not too bad!

MiniGibbo

Thanks for the offer on the grey and red's but i idealy want black seats...

Wonder how out of place half leathers would look in my rallye :S saying that theyll look more at home than the current recaros lol

christopher

I think it cost me around the £300 mark to get both front seats done and across the top and bottom of the back seats.

I made the money back from selling the bucket seats, harnesses and the rest of interior bits I had so not too bad!

For front and back that doesnt Sound that bad. Is the material in the middle original then?

Any pics of the back?

Henry Yorke

I would say the back hasn't been done, looking at the pics. You can see the part which should be leather is cloth on the first pic. the rears tend not to wear as bad, but as has been said, they suffer from UV degradation

Arahan

I've got a set sat here in my house that I picked up to have retrimmed one day but don't think I'm going to go in that direction anymore. As said though they wear through quite easily and these are no exception, the rear bench has tears as does I think the drivers front. I even had a batch of the Peugeot Talbot Sport embroiderred flame patches made up for them!

If you want them PM me, though no idea how much! And you're quite far away from me!!

allye

I've got a set sat here in my house that I picked up to have retrimmed one day but don't think I'm going to go in that direction anymore. As said though they wear through quite easily and these are no exception, the rear bench has tears as does I think the drivers front. I even had a batch of the Peugeot Talbot Sport embroiderred flame patches made up for them!

If you want them PM me, though no idea how much! And you're quite far away from me!!

PM's you ref the patches!