• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

Stripping/rebuilding A Brake Servo

cRaig

Hi there,

Ive removed my pedal box, and seperated all the brake parts into their components, and would like to strip down/rebuild the servo, as I have a rebuild kit from peugeot. It would also make cleaning/painting much easier!

Does anyone have any experience in stripping down a brake servo, as I cant quite work out what to do!

Which end do I start stripping it down, and what do I remove?

Does it split in two on the pressing marks of the two halves, or is that just a red herring?!

Thanks in advance (any pics would be good!? :D)

Craig

Liquid_106

Don't think the servo itself should be split otherwise nor sure it would be seal properly again. Exploded view of all the parts that can be disassembled

2c45c01a.jpg

Miles

You can buy them new still, not cheap at around £170.00 .

But I have had them blasted and wet painted which looks OK providing there's no rust on there

cRaig

Yeah, they do seem pretty pricey for what they are, considering a rebuild kit is around 20 quid or so.

I shall have another look at stripping it down, I guess everything must come out from one end or the other!

welshpug

there is an exploded view in haynes, can't remember if it details rebuilding though, sure someone on here has done it but i'd imagine most just get an used replacement as theyre easy to find (got a spare here as it happens!..)

cRaig

Mm, the haynes manual simpy states replacement rather than repair/rebuild. Guess the exploded service box image is all I have to go on for now..

Cheers

Craig

cRaig

Anyone shed any light on this at all?

Ive been staring at the servo a while and still cant make any sense of stipping it down.

Did a bit of googling, and this link suggests rotating the two parts to gain access to the inside. I know thats for an old rusty triumph, but I was wondering if it may be standard procedure?

Maybe I should get a spare servo to practice on lol

Craig

Carbs4me

Anyone shed some light on this topic yet?

As im trying to do mine to! but i havent actually stared at it, its just sat there doing nothing..

Debating if i should rebuild or buy new?