• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

Powder Coating Torsion Bars

DRTDVL

Will the heat from the powder coating process effect the bars?

I've got some new 22mm bars i'm thinking of getting done vs painting.

Anyone know if it will effect them in anyway?

marksorrento205

Arnt std bars powder coated?

welshpug

doubt its paint, doesnt flake off like powder coat does, can;t see a problem with getting them powder coated.

Edited by welshpug

SurGie

Each to their own and all that but i dont like powder coating, especially when its used for under the cars chassis parts. One little chip and it starts to go bad. When its had petrol on it that can ruin it as well.

For me, i originally posted a thread asking the same question and out of the ideas i was given i decided to do mine using enamel, i painted 4 separate coats worth. Iv not finished them yet but i might use some sort of high temp/strong lacquer.

I tried to find some heat shrink wrapping but could not find that sort of size.

As for the beam its had 2 coats of zinc primer, 2 coats of white primer (used to help bring out the yellow), 3 coats of machine yellow enamel.

ALEX

Each to their own and all that but i dont like powder coating, especially when its used for under the cars chassis parts. One little chip and it starts to go bad. When its had petrol on it that can ruin it as well.

For me, i originally posted a thread asking the same question and out of the ideas i was given i decided to do mine using enamel, i painted 4 separate coats worth. Iv not finished them yet but i might use some sort of high temp/strong lacquer.

I tried to find some heat shrink wrapping but could not find that sort of size.

As for the beam its had 2 coats of zinc primer, 2 coats of white primer (used to help bring out the yellow), 3 coats of machine yellow enamel.

Had a pair done on mine in black powder coating.

I agree doesn't really last that long before it blisters. (about 2 winters) Depends on the quality of the powder coating too and how thick it's applied.