• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205_sunderland

Brembo Pads A And Disks

205_sunderland

There pretty cheap at £20 quid a set on ebay at the minute (pads) and ive seen them elsewhere for more so was wondering what people think of them as im after a decent pad for non mega prices as the car is mainly road use. My rear disks are also dead and there only 32 quid a set so what do people think and has anyone tested them out?

cheers mick

Batfink

They are going to be OEM. Expect nothing more

205_sunderland

They are going to be OEM. Expect nothing more

gotta be better than the halfrauds specials i put in for now

Anthony

Halfords disks are alright, and the Ferodo Premier pads they sell are pretty good for OE equivalent - the Halfords own brand pads are horrendous though!

swordfish210

Halfords disks are alright, and the Ferodo Premier pads they sell are pretty good for OE equivalent - the Halfords own brand pads are horrendous though!

Second that, Premiers are ace pads. I used to have Halfords pads in the front of my 306 (GTI6 brakes) and they were very strange, the braked allright on normal road use but when i took the car around Combe they were dead after two laps and then when i let them cool down after the session they were fine again, as if i had never give them the thrashing of a lifetime :unsure:

205_sunderland

Thats what ive put in for a temp fix, they are awful :lol: the car stood for a year before i put it on the road and the rear pads are goosed too with the disks, ive put new drilled and grooved disks on the front but need new pads all round and disks for rear.

You think i might aswell just get some premiers on me trade card them and some disks there too? Ive used them year ago aswell and always thought they were really good but im sure they dont make them anymore for the gti which is why i went for the cheapys before

Edited by 205_sunderland

edbar

Brembo discs are great, alot better than nearly all oe discs due to the high carbon content. Brembo dont manufacture their own pads they are out sourced and boxed I believe from the last time I spoke to their rep, Ferrodo premiers are fantastic pads as the material gets updated yearly to the newest oe specs not that of the 80's when the car was made. I used Brembo and premier combo at Mallory all day and did over 200 laps and no judder or fade at all.

Batfink

Brembo discs are great, alot better than nearly all oe discs due to the high carbon content. Brembo dont manufacture their own pads they are out sourced and boxed I believe from the last time I spoke to their rep, Ferrodo premiers are fantastic pads as the material gets updated yearly to the newest oe specs not that of the 80's when the car was made. I used Brembo and premier combo at Mallory all day and did over 200 laps and no judder or fade at all.

Sadly not quite right. If the standard discs from the manufacturer were high carbon then Brembo will produce a HC version. For example my Clio 172 has high carbon front discs but the rears are normal. Otherwise they are the same spec as OE. Brembo Max uses a slightly different metal compount which is supposed to give better friction but they are not always HC either