• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205_sunderland

Question About Strut Tops

205_sunderland

Since ive fitted my new billies and group n top mounts to the gti ive noticed the tops mounts just don’t look like they sit right and I was wondering why.

Ive noticed the small bell shaped piece that sits inside the top mount used to sit above the strut top in the past by quite a way but since ive fitted the new rubbers it seems to sit directly on top of the strut tops (not quite touching I think) and I know everything was put together 100% in right order as I had a nightmare getting the bearings to locate right on the bottom piece ( just shows the difference with lowered springs and standard as it was easy in the past).

Just after everyones opinion or advice as Im curious why they sit lower, I know there is way over 5mm difference between the rubbers I took off and the new ones due to wear.

Cheers mick

welshpug

sounds perfectly fine especially if you have fitted stiffer rubber parts.

kyepan

mine did the same after fitting the gaz coil overs and new top mounts/ bearings.

205_sunderland

well if its the norm then its all gravy baby :D