• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiniGibbo

205 Rallye?

MiniGibbo

Hey guys from what ive seen my Rallye dosent come with the 1600 gti suspension or brakes that i guessed it did from the wiki search..

Just what exactully does my car consist of?

Is their any reviews or tech sheets of the uk rallye??

TIA.

welshpug

something like an XR, basically a base model so solid discs, narrow drums, skinny torsion bars and track control arms.

The Euro 1293cc 103 bhp rallye was 1.6 gti running gear, as was the german 105 bhp 1.9 rallye afaik.

trogboy

If it is standard than it is a basically a base model with a few stickers and different seat trim. I think the most comparable is the XR which has a 1360cc iron block lump also knocking out 75 bhp. They have a very long box which makes them reasonable for motorway work but gives lower rates of acceleration. In fact they are less sporty than an XS which has a lighter alloy lump, different cam and carb and an shorter box. All in there's not much reason to buy a UK spec one. However, I loved both of mine but then they were far from standard by the time I had finished.

Ad

MiniGibbo

Hmm ill have to get some detialed shots and take some measurments in that case as my rallye seems to drive really well, wether thats the case or i just think it handles well maye be a whole other thing..

Cheers guys for the quick replies!