• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Delphi Shocks, Any Good?

pugpete1108

im in need of a new shock for the 205 but came across a pair of new delphi ones on ebay for £50 any was considering buying them.

what are the comparisons to oe and do they have a decent ride etc.

cheers

eddie bullit

im in need of a new shock for the 205 but came across a pair of new delphi ones on ebay for £50 any was considering buying them.

what are the comparisons to oe and do they have a decent ride etc.

cheers

Not sure on the quality mate. I've ordered some Bilstein B4's..twice the price but good quality.

pugpete1108

what these ones?

ebay

yeah i did see them, i'll wait till the end of the month then and buy these ones

pugpete1108

How much are those :o

what??? they expensive or cheap?

allye

Delphi are good quality replacements. Where I work on my car my friend is a mechanic and doesn't fit crap, when he orders from the motor factors (melksham motor spares) delphi is a common replacement.

pugpete1108

just been doing some research on the delphi units i have seen and they are decarbon performance shocks. apparently de carbon have made oe quality perfomance shocks(suited for lowered cars) for years until delphi took them over.

they are gas/oil units with single tubes instead of double ones and have a pretty good life (well what i can make out as most of the info was in french or polish :lol: )

hmmmmmm.........

stuart1298

I work at ecp can't say I've ever seen Delphi shocks. Bilsteins or Sachs are by far the best, kyb ain't to bad, but bilis and Sachs are all I'd ever fit, or even sell to my customers, I never even give people the option of lower quality brands, as reflects badly on me when they go wrong

stuart1298

I've only seem Delphi as a make of fuel system parts

welshpug

they make allsorts of stuff. local mptorfactor has them as one brand they do though ive not used much.

i'd just save up a few more weeks and go the tried and tested parts.

Teacher

fitted a set a few months ago on standard springs. Unsurprisingly a noticeable improvement over tired OE shocks. I wasn't sure what to expect, but seems a substantial, well engineered unit. Car rides and corners well.