• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Pas Plumbing Confusion

pugpete1108

i just cant figure out how the return low pressure pipe is routed? the high pressure from the pump is fine and runs under the inlet and over the box and into the rear of the rack as in the top picture.

the return as in the lower picture seems ok until it reaches the rigid metal pipe (cooler pipe?) as im not sure where the metal loop actually mounts? as it is it looks like it just goes straight out of the passenger wheelarch :lol: i though this pipe mounted around the bottom of the radiator but there is no way this one is getting there without kinking the connection rubber hose.

the complete setup came from a cti if that makes any difference?? if anyone has a picture of the complete fitted setup it would make things so much easier

with regards to the low pressure return side, can i make adjustments to the pipework using jubillee clips? (seeing as its only metal clips holding the pipes on anyway)

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

cheers

pete

Anthony

It mounts under the passenger side of the car, adjacent to the brake line. You replace the brake line clips with different ones with the PAS pipe mounting clips on.

And yes, you can just jubilee (or fuel line clip) the low pressure side without issue.

pugpete1108

aahh right i see, but how in the hell does it get there though? the rubber pipe does not bend without kinking and i just goes straight out the wheels arch.

does it go over the subframe above where the rack boot is?

only thing i can think of is that someone has had a go at the rubber pipe seeing as there is already a jubilee clip on there

Anthony

It runs behind the PAS rack from memory, cooling loop goes under the car, and then comes back up and runs between the engine and battery, where you'd normally mount the reservoir if you've got an induction kit fitted as it won't fit where it's meant to otherwise. That's for an 8v anyway - with a GTi-6 (and thus no AFM) it might well still fit in the normal place.

If you're running a GTi-6 engine as I vaguely recall you are, I'm not sure if the 8v high-pressure pipe will fit, atleast without bending/reshaping, seeing as the PAS pump is above the alternator on a GTi-6, and below the alternator on an 8v, thus the pipe needs to be a different shape. Certainly it doesn't work the other way around, trying to fit a GTi-6 HP pipe to an 8v, as whilst it would nominally fit, it didn't do so very well and not to a standard that I'd be even vaguely happy with.

damien

welcome back pete, how was your hoilday?

good to see you getting straght back into working on the car...

Miles

As said the 8v pipe won;t fit, Just use the normal 306 pipe as it's a bang on fit,

Might want to clip that brake pipe up too

pugpete1108

cheers Ant, and yeah im running a gti6. havent really looked into the pump mounting in any great detail but im thinking of fitting it low down below the alternator if it will fit. (it looks like shaving a but off the mount will allow it to fit right on the lower part of the mount witht he alternator above it)

with regards then to the low presure side i'll probably just change some hoses etc to route it correctly.

have i t got it connected to the rack correctly?

holiday was good Daim, 38degs most days so coming back to this sh*te weather is quite depressing :lol: had a day to get over the jet lag and then got the engine fitted and brake/fuel lines fitted today.

hows yours getting on anyway?

damien

got the 5 speed box on the new engine and thats it, ive lost ALL the sensors that where on my old engine and the new one so im going to have to put my hands in my pockets and get some more.

also got shot of the 306dt so have now got a estate which im spending abit of time/money on.

like you said this weather is poo so i cant get out and do much, im off fri/sat so im going to get some more painting done on the engine and under the bonnet

vikgti

Does this rack not have the ram attached to it? As I see the feed and return go where the little pipes normally go?

pugpete1108

there is a ram yes and there are two smaller pipes going from the main part of the rack to the ram

vikgti

Ah right thanks for reply