• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eddie bullit

New Suspension

eddie bullit

After reading on here that the best road set up is Eibach springs and Bilstein B4's with GTi6 rear dampers, where's the best place to buy them?

Thanks in advance fellas!

Edd

jord294

i've got some new rear dampers

they are easily available from main dealers

i found ebay the cheapest for b4s, and a few previous customers seem very happy with apex springs :)

eddie bullit

thanks jord..I've replied about the beam in your topic..still want one but I'm dead busy..got the wife's birthday this week but I'll defo meet up if youv'e still got available at some point .

Cheers

Edd

jord294

okay pal

Miles

Got some B4's coming in Monday or Tuesday, Eibach's are around a week away (Back order from Germany), the rears as said Pug are the cheapest I can get them as part of the package, thou no discount is available on the rears

johnhenry

306 rear dampers - £45+ vat from mail dealer - 5206TE part number, the 5206K6 was superseded

b6's - online find for me

eibach 7001-120 - waiting on kam racing for them, have been ordered for a while now (nearly 2 weeks) - they are on ebay if you're desperate though.

whilst your there (doing your suspension) would be worth replacing some components at the top mount - SKF do decent top mount set for £27(ish) - available from euro car parts, Main dealers do the complete top mount package for £45+ vat - which includes brand new everything.

hope some of this helps

John

Edited by johnhenry

sport1901966

306 rear dampers - £45+ vat from mail dealer - 5206TE part number, the 5206K6 was superseded

b6's - online find for me

eibach 7001-120 - waiting on kam racing for them, have been ordered for a while now (nearly 2 weeks) - they are on ebay if you're desperate though.

whilst your there (doing your suspension) would be worth replacing some components at the top mount - SKF do decent top mount set for £27(ish) - available from euro car parts, Main dealers do the complete top mount package for £45+ vat - which includes brand new everything.

hope some of this helps

John

They aren't even on ebay, I thought this a couple of weeks ago and ordered some, only to be told they didn't actually have them and I would have to wait a few weeks. That is if you want new ones of course.

johnhenry

i was pointed to some by tom fenton, got them at a brilliant price too! guess its just about trawling the web for them.

i know eibach springs are now on back order, which is deeply frustrating - as i would have liked to have the suspension done for when my engine comes back :/

the rear dampers are on a 3 day order from peugeot - standard procedure really

cRaig

Related question- Im currently planning on rebuilding my front suspension, with new B4s etc. Is there any need to replace the standard (116,000mile) front springs? The ride height still seems fine, is it likely springs wear out, or is it just for improved handling do people replace them?

Tom Fenton

I've recently overhauled a very original Ph 2 1.9 for a customer, they wanted to retain it to standard spec so I fitted front B4's with the original springs.

When done it really was a joy to drive, so I would say if you do not mind the off-roader front wheelarch gap, stick with your standard springs.

Miles

Having fitted new OE Pug Springs it does make a difference, think the springs where around £75.00 each thou, Raised the car a few mm at the front so as with any sprung metal they do sag after a few years

Fronts now in stock (B4's) at £107.00 a pair plus delivery

welshpug

there are 3 still shown to be available for Injection models, no idea what the colour codes are matched to though as there's no further info, they are between £66 and £75 each.

some are used on later vehicles so should be easy to get hold of, just need to see if they still do the right ones!

cRaig

Mm, I did look on service box too but couldnt make any sense of which oe spec springs would be appropriate. How close to original height are the eibach springs? Dont really know enough about suspension to make an informed decision!

I guess I may go with Toms advice, replace the dampers, and see how it drives with the original springs. Not the end of the world if they need changing later.

Thanks for the helps guys!

Edited by cRaig

eddie bullit

Thanks for the info guys.Miles could you pm a price for the front/rear set up please..

Cheers

Edd