• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scottypug

Suspension

scottypug

so today i took the car for welding and an mot on the way home i was following a mate in a mk5 fiesta on coilovers and cossie wheels strech tryes ect it is only low powerd so as you would expect i was trying to keep upp arround corners, this didnt go well at all every time i cornerd remotley hard the struts felt like they were shaking, so much so i could feel it violently in the car. On hard cornering it understeerd a lot which didnt happen before the car was stored and i havent touched the suspension at all. The car is a 1.4 cj currently lowered about 30mm all round on standard struts and some lowering springs. I got home i jacked it up and the top mounts look a bit ropey and theres slight play somewhere else has any one else had experiance with this and a soloution.

ORB

I have just had my GTi out for the first time in a year and it is no way as sharp as it was a year ago. I think my shocks have died...

scottypug

at least im not the only one what do you mean by dead? like the gas or fluid has escaped? scott

ORB

Yeah, old age and standing about doing nothing, it all just feels a bit wobbly, like there is damping issues. Think I am going to buy a full set up all round soon.

jackherer

I'd check all the bushes etc first. Peugeot dampers are surprisingly long lasting, unless they are obviously damp from leaking oil they will probably be fine, even if they have been standing around for a while.

ORB

Yeah, I was going to do the bushes as s matter of course anyway. I can't find any play anywhere mind.

Can you buy a complete kit? Are polly bushes worth doing on a high day and holiday car??