• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Strictly_Derv

Avo Rear Shock Replacement Bush

Strictly_Derv

I won a set on avo shocks on ebay which where apparently fine and in GWO. I recieved them today to find the adjusters seized, a bush completely shot on one and the shocks do not return when compressed which he told me they did when I asked but are very stiff still (gas ones are meant to I believe)

So I told the seller what I found wrong and he said that the ad says these problems My link am I blind!!?? He also said he had them on his car and they where fine apart from the bush but again there was not mention of this on the add!

Sellers names Taz_309 he's selling a few other 309 parts on there atm.

He offered a refund of what I paid but not including the postage but that would also mean another 10er to send them back so it would be pointless.

I told him that it would be fair if he bought a replacent bush or sent me the money to get one myself which I think is fair as he's lied about the shocks. Either that or i'll open a case up on ebay and give him mega bad feedback :)

So does anyone know if you can actually get a replacement bush? Couldn't find any on a google search :(

jackherer

These ones? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260837987087

They look pretty manky in the photos and it says "I brought these for my 309 but never got around to put them on so I can't guarantee the condition of them."

Strictly_Derv

Yes but he told me they where fine when I messaged him. And today told me he had them on his car and they were fine till the bush went so he's just lying.

Are there any universal bush or standard ones that could fit?

Miles

I'd send them back and get a refund, the time spent on getting bush's and a recon would not be far off a new set and the rears are pretty poor with the mainstream dampers as well not wanting to stick a damper on it,

Strictly_Derv

Thats the thing though if I return them he will only refund the 21 I paid not the postage which was 10 and returning them i'd have to spend another tenner so it would be pointless :(

well and truly mugged i'd say

welshpug

what do you expect for £20?!

if you want them fixed get them off to Avo, theyve got a decent rep on service, wont be cheap and youll lilkely get a pair of bilstein yellows if theyre worse for wear

Strictly_Derv

Well not that. He told me they where fine as he's suposedly a mechanic but clearly doesn't know anything

omega

what do you expect for £20?!

dont think thats fair

if theres not much intrest the price wont go high

still saying that i looked at them and the state of them but me off.

Strictly_Derv

I know they were cheap and look a little worse for wear but good shock should last. Was hopiing i'd got a bargain like Omega says. I've still got my original shocks which still function perfectly.

Anyway the guys ignoring my messages as I think he's realized he's in the wrong. So should I open a case on ebay and sort something out? Or give him mega bad feedback :D

Edited by Strictly_Derv

omega

I know they were cheap and look a little worse for wear but good shock should last. Was hopiing i'd got a bargain like Omega says. I've still got my original shocks which still function perfectly.

Anyway the guys ignoring my messages as I think he's realized he's in the wrong. So should I open a case on ebay and sort something out? Or give him mega bad feedback :D

open a case win, then give the bad feedback.

Strictly_Derv

Opened a case and he offered a £10 refund which I think is fair. Have contacted AVO for a new bush so I hope they have some

Rippthrough

Avo rears won't extend under their own pressure, doesn't mean they're not working.

Strictly_Derv

Recieved a £10 refund and gave really bad feedback after the money came through :D