• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fatony1

Genuine Pug Trackrod Ends?

fatony1

Are they worth the extra ££ compared to aftermarket ones from GSF etc? If aftermarker are OK, what is the best make to do for?

Tom Fenton

I have never had a problem with aftermarket track rod ends. The pair on my track car are 6 years old.

I don't know how much Peugeot ones are but I'm willing to bet they will be a fortune. Aftermarket ones are cheap, £7.50 each or thereabouts.

fatony1

I can get genuine for £21 each but like you say aftermarket are much cheaper! Just wondering if It was worth the extra £££

Anthony

Just get Motaquip ones - cheap as chips (less than a tenner the pair) and seem to last well.

The only issue I tend to get with pattern TRE's is that on some the rubber boots seem to be terrible quality and perish/split, but generally speaking, they'll last a few years.

Paul_13

FAI I've had good experiences with and avoid first line like the plague!

Had one fail in 3k

feb

I don't know the brand but I had a set of no-name(?) TRE fail after less than 3k miles as said.

Not much help I know but if you are to go with non Pug ones best to get what Anthony has suggested (Motaquip) - which I assume have boots that last.

@ fatony, where can you get OE ones for £21?

I had the impression OE ones cost in the region of £50 or so each! :ph34r:

Edited by feb

fatony1

From Peugeot of course ;-) I get a small discount through my work but I don't think they were much dearer than that full retail.

cRaig

I bought a pair of Lemforder ones last weekend with the gsf discount. Look really decent quality items, in comparison to the firstline (or similar) pair which lasted less than a year before the boots split.

Anthony

I bought a pair of Lemforder ones last weekend with the gsf discount. Look really decent quality items

Lemforder do some of the OE stuff on 306's atleast, so their TRE's probably are good, if not near OE, quality parts.

The Lemfroder droplink I fitted on my 306 ~40k miles ago is still going strong, and that's quite an achievement given that 306's seem to get through droplinks at an alarming rate - 205 ones by comparison last forever!

PS. Did you mean ECP rather than GSF, as that's who normally sells Lemfroder stuff in my experience (and who did the recent discount)

cRaig

Ah, sorry- yes I did mean ECP. Havent had much luck using GSF, they seem to not have things Im after which they insist on listing as in stock online etc.