• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lagonda

Late 1989 Cti Rear Fog Light

lagonda

So...I'm in France & finally preparing car for re-registration. Typical Peugeot bean-counter mentality means only the r/h (viewed from the rear) fog is actually a lamp; the other's a dummy.

And...of course, to be legal here, the fog lamp has to be on the left hand side. I've seen several advertised, but I'm a bit thrown that sellers over here are stating that they're either Phase 1 or Phase 2. I thought these lamps didn't change throughout the production run.

Is that correct...if not, should I be looking for Ph 1 or 2?

Incidentally, I thought these were handed, but looking again, I'm not so sure....is it possible to swap the fog light & the dummy (I know the mountings are identical, well similar at any rate!)? Obviously this should be so, but the French, of course, are perverse.

pug_ham

As a temporary fix you might be able to swap the fog light across to the left but the lens is handed so it'll look odd.

They have different numbers on service box for left & right lens, the left fog light is nfp but the lens is still available, only difference is brand, Axo or Siema.

They are the same number throughout production so maybe the seller is stating what age car it came from.

g

lagonda

Many thanks, that's very helpful.

Fortunately there are quite a lot of these for sale over here....I suspect many more models of 205 had the rear valance, & therefore these lights, in France. Or perhaps there are simply far more 205s here than in the UK. Needless to say, that said, none of the advertisers is local, no-one ever is!

pug_ham

You could try asking in your local Peugeot dealer in france if they can get them, they are just over £12 looking on service box brand new for just the lens, part number 6349.85 (seima) or 6352.42 (axo).

g