• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

309 Wishbones / Brembos + Sl434

Para

Hi guys,

Just put the wheels on car this morning, and got this view. Does that have a right to work ? It's sticking bit to much as I was expecting. I have 309 wishbones / 309 driveshafts / brembo's with spacers.... and SL434. Does anyone is driving on similar setup and it's fine ?

Picture from the left side of the car show standard Speedline 15" , - picture from the right is with SL434

Thanks,

Mike

post-11365-0-19884200-1314684980_thumb.jpg

post-11365-0-05742900-1314684989_thumb.jpg

post-11365-0-67819700-1314684997_thumb.jpg

Edited by Para

jackherer

That wouldn't be street legal in the UK, the tyre tread has to be within the arch.

welshpug

not to mention the arch will probably come off on the first heavy compression!

Para

That's very bad :( I have to put SL434 for sale now.... ehh

jackherer

Keep the wheels and ditch the brakes+spacers. Unless you have a crazy level of power in a 205 brake upgrades just aren't necessary.

Para

I might keep them in the garage, maybe next year I will change the setup if the power will not increase. I know that standard brake setup is very good, maybe I went for Brembo to quickly. I should have think about it more :P

What about GUTMANN front valance with Gutmann front arches ? Is that any wider then standard arches ??

pict0053o.jpg

Edited by Para

Tesstuff

Para, I have the v6 in my 205 and only use 306 Gti6 brakes and even with that extra power and weight they are more than enough.

Fit them and keep the wheels :D

SurGie

Agreed with Tesstuff about getting rid of the spacers and brakes and keeping the SL's on with 6 calipers fitted :)

The 1st picture is not directly above the alloys to see how much they are over the arch, but it still looks too wide.

Para

Thanks George, I've decided to run Brembo's for a while and see how it will go. I will prepare GTI6 calipers / discs and pads and then I will change them for a new setup. I will keep SL434 as they worth it !

Daz_C

Or get some adjustable top mounts to bring the top of the wheel in.

31703_130369950308221_100000056509066_342702_2105364_n.jpg

Paul_13

Surprised you've got an arch left!

Daz_C

They don't catch. ;) Standard suspension would cause issues I'd guess.

matty_gti

Is it the brembo calipers on spacers or the wheels?. If the wheels then how big are they?.

Henry Yorke

I might keep them in the garage, maybe next year I will change the setup if the power will not increase. I know that standard brake setup is very good, maybe I went for Brembo to quickly. I should have think about it more :P

What about GUTMANN front valance with Gutmann front arches ? Is that any wider then standard arches ??

pict0053o.jpg

Only an idiot would run that set up with SL434s...... hey that is what I have! ;)

post-3457-0-08523000-1316820140_thumb.jpg

post-3457-0-10838400-1316820163_thumb.jpg

post-3457-0-22637900-1316820210_thumb.jpg

As you can see the Gutmann Arches are quite a bit wider (developed to reduce drag on circuit racers with wider wheels at speed)

BlueBolt

being as a few of you are using the spacers, what's a recommended make of them?? Just bought a set of 4pots and been advised I need 6mm spacers, funnily enough I'm planning on the 309 wishbones too... Guess the Gutmann arches will be the next purchase to the list to get the car uk spec legal...??

Henry Yorke

You'll struggle to get hubcentric ones off the shelf at 6mm. You can get them at 10mm though. Eibach do some which are well made but not cheap. They way to really do it on 6mm is to reduce the lip on the hub and then have some made to suit by an engineering firm. Try dropping Rippthrough a PM as he had made some historically.

As for Gutmann arches, it took me over 2 and a half years of hard search to find a set. Most are still on cars as they usually bond on. Mine have been cut down at the bottom so they are more like standard

danny56712

I thought sl434s fit straight on with brembos and no spacers

[L'e$kro]

I thought sl434s fit straight on with brembos and no spacers

They don't fit n 406 v6 Brembos

They fit on Renault Sport Brembos with 302mm discs without spacers, but it requires grinding the calipers and using lower profile bolts

@Para:

Put standard 205 wishbones and driveshafts at the front

Do those Guttman arches exist for the rear? I'm running standard 205 wishbones at the front, but have 309 beam + 7" wheels + 205/50r15 R888 and they stick out quite a lot :D

Is there any chance to get more infos on them?

Thanks!

Nico

SurGie

Although Henry's arches work, to me they just dont look right/out of shape sort of, even with wider wheels. I have 7inch wide wheels myself and was thinking of getting some but iv changed my mind now iv seen them up close. With standard 6 brakes and 309 bones they will fit perfectly.

[L'e$kro]

Looking at the pictures posted above I doubt they exist for the back

I don't really like the bulldog look with the front wider than the rear, I still have the 205 wishbones at the front and it's fine although my car is too low. My issue is with the 309 rear beam with wide wheels, it popped the plastic arches out... Coming back to 205 beam is not an option after rebuilding this one..

I guess I'll have to make my own mould then :D

Nico

Henry Yorke

I have 7inch wide wheels myself and was thinking of getting some but iv changed my mind now iv seen them up close.

Good :)

' timestamp='1318351748' post='1199779]

Looking at the pictures posted above I doubt they exist for the back

I don't really like the bulldog look with the front wider than the rear, I still have the 205 wishbones at the front and it's fine although my car is too low. My issue is with the 309 rear beam with wide wheels, it popped the plastic arches out... Coming back to 205 beam is not an option after rebuilding this one..

I guess I'll have to make my own mould then :D

Nico

You ought to search about on ebay for Melnorthernline (I think that was the name of the seller) as they made some wider fronts and rears, though you will have to cut metal out if you want to run low. Gutmann never made rear arches, just a little trim bit for the rear quarter

SurGie

Why is that good ?