• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
McCann

Carbon Lorraine Pads

McCann

hello all,

just wondering if any of you hve much experience with carbon lorraine brake pads? im running standard bendix 1.6 calipers with grooved disks on my 205 rally car and was wondering will carbon lorraine pads give me much of an advantage over the yellow stuff pads im running at the minute?

cheers

welshpug

never compared them but have tried the rc6, not stopped so hard in anything else before! was on a 306 rallye running clio rs brembos 310mm discs, ast dampers, and a 200bhp v6...

they do eat discs, and deposit most of them on the wheels and side of the car!

DRTDVL

I've got the RC6 in my car thanks to KAM Racing...

I love them, and the guys i've let drive the car have commented on how amazing they are. Comparied to the mintex i was using they are a completely different league - i wouldn't use anything else now.

They do squeel for general road use.

And the claim of working from dead cold is true also...

McCann

thats just what i wanted to hear :) just ordered a set of front RC6's off KAM motorsport. cheers again for the replies great forum

C_W

They are very good, strong pads requiring less braking effort than a lot of other performance pads. As has been mentioned they dust quite a lot and I found the wear rate to be high.