• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sceptre

Pts Stripe Grille Decal Onto Red 205?

sceptre

Hello all,

I love the grille stripes which originally came on the Rallyes, only problem is that I have a red 205 and in my opinion they look awful on red... sorry rallysteve

IMG00081-20110520-1337-1.jpg

So I'm thinking of fitting a different grille... but would white or black look better?

What do you think?

My car:

1004009b.jpg

EDIT: Anyone know how to make this into a poll???

Edited by sceptre

Daviewonder

Maybe a black grille would look ok. I think the stripes look scheisse on red too.

eddie bullit

what about carbon look film on your grill then pts stripes?

Tom Fenton

I agree they do not look good on a red car.

But in my opinion an incorrect colour grille will look even worse.

I have a red 205 and just accept the fact that I cannot have grille stripes.

harryskid

Better with out!

backroadpug

On one of my first 205s I made my own stripes. thought it looked quite good.

screamingsemen.jpg

weejp

Hello all,

I love the grille stripes which originally came on the Rallyes, only problem is that I have a red 205 and in my opinion they look awful on red... sorry rallysteve

So I'm thinking of fitting a different grille... but would white or black look better?

What do you think?

Don't do it, you should live with the fact it doesn't go with the colour of your car. Different colour grill would look daft, although easy to swap back out and sell if you don't like it.

Edited by weejp

matt.f

Oh dear,was going to put mine on today and my car is red lol

Looks ok on a competition car I think,road car a no no

Edited by matt.f

Atari Boy

They don't look that bad, not ideal, but not terrible (My red 205 has PTS stripes, so I'm very biased).

harryskid

Oh dear,was going to put mine on today and my car is red lol

Looks ok on a competition car I think,road car a no no

To be honest they don't look that good on a compertion car either! :)

Richie

They look okay on red, just not quite good enough imo. Each to their own though :)

sceptre

Well I'm not surprised so many people dislike the PTS stripes on the reds, but I am surprised at how many people seem to have stuck them on anyway. Clicky link to some arty shots of a red with PTS stripes.

I know changing the grille colour takes away the charm of the original 205 look completely and I am aware that is the opposite to what a lot of people are trying to achieve; but the grille is so easy to interchange, and I like the idea of my 205 being a little bit different. There are a lot of mint condition red 205s out there which look stunning!!! But then what makes your car different and recognisable? There are so many plastic grilles slowly perishing in scrap yards on the front of old diesels or 1ltrs, why not mess some up?

Maybe I'm just a chavy show-off at heart but I really like the idea of people recognising my car, especially other 205 drivers!

Firstly, I still love the idea of using an original PTS set of stripes, but having seen backroadpug's custom stripes and with reference to what I have mentioned above, I've put double red lines on these pictures.

1004009blackwithstripes.jpg

1004009whitewithstripeszrasu.jpg

Thoughts / ideas please!!!

Daviewonder

Black grille looks nice :)

backroadpug

Cheers dude.

The black one with the red stripes looks good but think it would add to it if you got the pepperpots black imo.

Its a qick and easy way to change the look.

Good luck on deciding on a finished product.

Edited by backroadpug

Tom Fenton

Not being funny but it is your car, do whatever you like to it, there is no reason to "ask permission" from the forum at large. Some will like your mods, others will hate them, the rest possibly will not care either way, thats life though.

sceptre

Haha thanks Tom, you're absolutely right. I'm just struggling to decide whether it improves the look of the car at all I guess.

The pepperpots were white when I bought them, not sure if I like them or not to be honest.

Think I might make both, I have a few kicking around, I'll upload pictures when I get round to it.

Anyone got any more ideas???

McDude

Anyone got any more ideas???

Full respray to white? End of problems.

S@m

The black grille with the red stripes looks good! Would definetly make you stand out because i haven't seen that done before, as backroadpug said though, black wheels would help! And as you have said; if you don't like it you can swap it back in minutes, so give it a go!

Sam

Edited by Sam306

sceptre

Ooh, quite like this idea

clicky

matt.f

Going to put mine on at weekend and see what it looks like.

Saw one on a sorrento green the other day and they look even worse!Looks the best on white(obviously)