• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205_sunderland

Quinton Hazel Bushes

205_sunderland

One of the bushes is away on my wishbone and i was just going to cut out old bush and chuck another in wise a vice, so has anyone used these bushes and whats the quality like?

Paul_13

If theyre anything like the cv boots stay away!

Just go oe mate they're cheap enough and comes with a new set of bolts

205_sunderland

If theyre anything like the cv boots stay away!

Just go oe mate they're cheap enough and comes with a new set of bolts

how much are oe?

welshpug

about £20

Anthony

And that's a kit for both wishbones, and as mentioned, comes with the bolts, washers and nuts too. No brainer IMO :)

ORB

What's the part number for this kit???

Baz

What's the part number for this kit???

3599.07 £26.89

Edited by Baz

205_sunderland

3599.07 £26.89

peugeot suck ass, they said it needs to be ordered but they cant even tell me if the factory have it in stock until after ive paid....which means i may order it and be wasting my time as it wont arrive by this saturday (which is when i need it by as im doing a long journey next thurs and at work all next week)....Priks

Edited by 205_sunderland

Ryan

3599.07 £26.89

That seems cheap if it has parts for both sides. Is it definitely not per side?

welshpug

used to be £18 not so long ago, definitely for the whoile lot.

Baz

Pretty sure that's per side rather than a full car (2 sets) kit.

Anthony

The "kit" is for four bushes and bolt/washer/nut sets - ie sufficient to do two wishbones.

Tom Fenton

3599.07 is 4 off bushes and 4 off bolts/nuts etc.

Baz

:o Blimey! That's a bit generous for Pug!

As it happens i do need a set, but was going to go for the red PolyRace ones at slightly more £, but they're for what is essentially a road car, although not that that makes a massive difference, should i stick to the plan or would the pug ones be up to it?

pug_ham

Even if you only need one bush per side it works out cheaper to get the full set, iirc last time I bought an individual bush it was £12+ & the kits were only £18 for all four (both wishbones) & new bolts back then.

I use standard oe pug bushes on my car which is basically a commute to track car & they are fine.

g

cRaig

Slight hijack on a similar theme- is there any need to replace the wishbone bolts, or is it ok to keep reusing them? Im debating getting the old ones replated, or just buying new..

Thanks

Craig

205_sunderland

Ive ordered a set, the lad who was on the phone this time wasnt a retard :lol: if they have any gaps in the bush itself (triable sections cut out like some do) i might fill it with a little strong silicone to stiffen them up a bit as i did with me corrado bushes and it worked well.

Paul_13

:o Blimey! That's a bit generous for Pug!

As it happens i do need a set, but was going to go for the red PolyRace ones at slightly more £, but they're for what is essentially a road car, although not that that makes a massive difference, should i stick to the plan or would the pug ones be up to it?

I had those poly race ones on the diesel, they didn't fit properly and didn't last more than a week! Strongly don't recommend them.

Baz

I had those poly race ones on the diesel, they didn't fit properly and didn't last more than a week! Strongly don't recommend them.

You bought them as PolyRace red bushes yourself & they came in PolyRace packaging etc?

As has been said before, plenty of others, myself included (and are at the moment) have used them without issue for thousands of miles.

Paul_13

Yep still poly race bushes in red in the packaging. Still got the bag label in shed some where.

The bushes are still kicking about on the floor

Baz

Bloody hell mate, that's shocking! And probably just made my mind up... :lol:

smithy

Pug do shock with the prices sometimes, £26 for bushes and bolts is a cracking price.

205_Sunderland just make sure you get arm in the normal position before tightening the bolts up or the bushes won't last that long.

205_sunderland

Pug do shock with the prices sometimes, £26 for bushes and bolts is a cracking price.

205_Sunderland just make sure you get arm in the normal position before tightening the bolts up or the bushes won't last that long.

yeah i remember from doing them before cheers m8, axle stands and jack to jack into position?, im fitting a lower brace at same time too just to make it even more of a pain in the arse to tighten them in right place :lol: also got all shockers to fit this saturday so lets hope this rain goes away

Edited by 205_sunderland

smithy

busy weekend on the pug by sounds of it?

205_sunderland

busy weekend on the pug by sounds of it?

lets just hope its nice and easy plain sailing :lol:, ive got the 4 branch and full system to fit next week too and set the new throttle body up and fit MAF ready for wedding im driving too next thurs in huddersfield. All seems easy work but i work 12-8 so itll be a nightmare finding the time :D