• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chipstick

Door/bumper Red Stripes Same?

chipstick

The red strips on the doors, are they held on with the same clips as the front and rear bumper red strips?

Service box lists the moulding clips for the red door strip, but not the front one as far as I can see.

8565.13 comes up as the door ones.

If someone can confirm they affix to the front bumper the same thats great. If anyone also knows how many are needed for a front bumper, that would be great as I have 10 in mind to order as a round figure.

Thanks in advance

jord294

7437.07 is the part number for bumper insert

marksorrento205

From what I remember the clips on the door mouldings clip onto the rivet type fasteners. The bumper ones just pop into the holes in the bumper. Servicebox lists 743707 as the part no for the moulding clips and has a quanity of 12. Hope that helps

damien

the bumper ones are "T" shape and the side are the "I" shape.

both the above part numbers are right, off the top of my head the door ones come in packs of 10 and the bumpers packs of 5. best to get 2 packs of each then your have spares

marksorrento205

The other option is a trim fixing kit. Someone sells them on ebay. Maybe look at the pics and see if you can see the part no and order a full kit from pug. I have found the full kits are often cheaper than buying bits here and there :)

chipstick

Thats interesting, I thought they were sold individually, I will get a few packs and keep them for the future. Bound to have something else fall off :lol