• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
baz205gti

205 Rear Beam

baz205gti

I know this has probs been asked a million time before but does anyone know whether the main tubes on the 205 beam is the same on all models

Barny

Daxed

A million and one now.

The beam tube itself is the same on all 205 models apart from some very early cars.

marksorrento205

Athough they look the same the base model ones have a smaller dia tube where the fuel tank strap bolts too. Either base or gti tube can be used though. As above rgd the early / late ones - down to the number of splines iirc.

baz205gti

I have a ovaled 1.9 tube and want to rebuild a good 1.9 beam but most of these rear beams seem buggered these days, none of my local scrappies have anything 205 anymore, peugeot don't sell them and I don't wanna buy another s*itty used beam, anyone got a decent main tube so I can rebuild my beam

baz205gti

Or would I be able to get my ovaled beam repaired, could it be milled out and sleeved or lead worked into the ovaled section or would even chemical metal be enough as after all it's just to seat bearings on and the bearings are just pressed into the tube

jord294

i can supply an excellent powdercoated tube which includes genuine bearings, seals and mounting bushes

baz205gti

Hi sounds good so far, what's the damage on that? Do you also do the bars that press into the trailing arms ?

Barny

i can supply an excellent powdercoated tube which includes genuine bearings, seals and mounting bushes

Edited by baz205gti

jord294

as said, all parts are genuine peugeot parts

to supply the beam tube and a pair of trailing arm shafts, the best i can do is £350 plus postage

keep an eye on 'for sale' thread. as i have just posted a list of beams i have available for sale

cheers