• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205_sunderland

Removing Rear Quarter Badges And Arches

205_sunderland

The car is going into the body shop next week for rear quarters,sills and bumpers and the rear badges are orginal and never removed so im gutted there coming off, can they be removed without breaking? and also can anyone give pointers of the best ways to remove the rear arches and back bumper with minimal damage

cheers mick

Ryan

The badges can be pushed out from behind rather than prying them off. I think you can get to the back of them through the rear speaker holes.

Iain-gti

rear arches have clips inside the arch which flick off or pop off. Back bumper side bolts will probably snap and you will have to drill the rivets off the valance support brackets.

205_sunderland

rear arches have clips inside the arch which flick off or pop off. Back bumper side bolts will probably snap and you will have to drill the rivets off the valance support brackets.

the last one i took off was years ago and i cant remember having to drill anything?

Paul_13

Bloody hell definately wouldnt follow that guide to remove the sunroof trims.

Think that needs editing.

SurGie

For when you refit the badges, i always use some flexible silicone to hold them in place over the holes, so it stops any water getting in and rusting the rear quarter area.

205_sunderland

For when you refit the badges, i always use some flexible silicone to hold them in place over the holes, so it stops any water getting in and rusting the rear quarter area.

cheers sugiemiester, there you go i said it, you now have a new nickname :lol: