• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

Disk And Pads Advice

davey205

Going to need to replace these soon, any point in going for aftermarket ones? My driving style is old man on his way to church.

Fox

Not really, just a decent branded make from your local motor factors should suit, unless you have any need to stop better!

Edited by Fox

Tom Fenton

Make sure it is a decent brand for the pads, some of the cheapo brand pads are just utter crap. Try and get either Mintex of Ferodo would be my advice. If you look on ebay there are usually some quite competitive deals on for discs and pads. However be careful as they are good at sending the wrong bits for the car despite what their listing might say. If you go this route at the very least get a picture of the ACTUAL pads they will send to you.

davey205

Thanks for the info, will look into that.

The setup looks old probably original I can find no record of them being changed, think i'll invest in a respirator just in case as i don't want to prepare the guest room for Uncle Asbestos.

Edited by davey205

matt.f

Thanks for the info, will look into that.

The setup looks old probably original I can find no record of them being changed, think i'll invest in a respirator just in case as i don't want to prepare the guest room for Uncle Asbestos.

you must have a very low mile car then!

davey205

I Have a full confirmed service history since 95 ( when previous owner bought it) and still some receipt's right from 91.

t Got it at 69.000, but it was hardly ever used and when it was used it was by a sensible middle aged gentleman and his wife but it was only ever really a 2nd car due to company cars.

I wouldn't mind betting that they are original + the miracle material lasted !