• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fatony1

Rose-Jointed Wishbones (Again, Sorry!)

fatony1

Last week i recieved a pair of Rose-jointed wishbones i bought and although they were meant to be in brand new condition, it turns out they most definitely are not and the rosejoints themselves need replacing. The arms seem to be a very professional job with very nice welding on the threaded insert etc, but im a bit worried as the rosejoints (and obliviously the threaded insert) are an M16 thread size which as far as i have read on here, is not up to the job.

I'd like to replace the joints with the same items used by AB Motorsport etc (RBJ79MG) but these joints have an M20 thread size. Does anyone know if its possible to get the M16 threaded inserts drilled/tapped to fit the M20 joints? How much 'meat' on the insert do i need around the rose joint thread to be 'safe'? I obvliously dont want to get the insert drilled/tapped to find i only have 1mm of material holding the joint in.

Any ideas?

205wrc

Last week i recieved a pair of Rose-jointed wishbones i bought and although they were meant to be in brand new condition, it turns out they most definitely are not and the rosejoints themselves need replacing. The arms seem to be a very professional job with very nice welding on the threaded insert etc, but im a bit worried as the rosejoints (and obliviously the threaded insert) are an M16 thread size which as far as i have read on here, is not up to the job.

I'd like to replace the joints with the same items used by AB Motorsport etc (RBJ79MG) but these joints have an M20 thread size. Does anyone know if its possible to get the M16 threaded inserts drilled/tapped to fit the M20 joints? How much 'meat' on the insert do i need around the rose joint thread to be 'safe'? I obvliously dont want to get the insert drilled/tapped to find i only have 1mm of material holding the joint in.

Any ideas?

Contact this man...... http://jsmotorsport-machining.co.uk/

He'll help you out