• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tom Fenton

Source For 205 Spot Lamps?

Tom Fenton

I'm doing a bit of an overhaul on a customers 205 at the moment, I need to source a pair of driving lights for it and I seem to be struggling a bit.

Any recommendations of where to get something OE quality? I've heard the DENJI stuff isn't up to the SIEM quality?

I've had a look at the usual suspects, ECP list a Valeo lamp but no stock, cannot get on GSF since their stupid catalogue registration thing, ebay has el cheapos only.

Thanks

feb

I need a set as well.

If anyone has a part number I can ask the local dealer how much they are here.

Indeed Denji ones don't seem to last long from what I have read.

Edited by feb

Daviewonder

Be careful with the Valeo items as they're listed as 205 items but they are actually the 106/306 ones. I ordered some recently direct from Valeo and had to send them back all dissapointed :(

dave_gti

I just had a look at autofives website

Driving lights OE – pair (Magneti Marelli) SIEM - £76.94

Driving lights Non OE – pair - £63.74

:o I didn’t realise they were that expensive!!

Or these on ebay for £42, seems a promising advert

Ryan

Or these on ebay for £42, seems a promising advert

Those are Denji, you can just make it out on the glass.

Miles

The Cibie one's fit fine so I cannot see the problem, Light's better too out of them. The Denji's are fine for selling a car and thats it, Poor light quality and everything else.

Tom Fenton

So can you recommend somewhere to buy the Cibies from then Miles please?

SurGie

I actually know of a place that still sell the SIEM type, but i wont waste time trying to pm you.

Edited by SurGie

Daviewonder

Come on then Surg, spill the beans :)

Anthony

I'd personally say that the Denji lights get unfair harsh press.

They're not quite as good as the original Seim lights and I don't think that anyone would claim otherwise, but they look the part and for the money you can pick them up for if you keep your eyes open you can't really complain. I've had them on my car out of the box and they generally seem to last a miinimum of 2-3 years before corrosion starts to appear in the corners, and that's on a car that lives outside 365 days a year and gets used in all weathers all year round - I dare say they'd last a lot longer on a garaged car that's not in daily use.

What does suffer badly is the metal outer ring, but that's easy enough to properly rustproof and protect prior to fitting so that they last, and whilst you're there seal them up properly and they'll be fine. I did this on a set I fitted for a friend a couple of years back and they still look pretty much as new.

What I would say is do not buy the 106/306 Cibie lights, assuming what is being talked about is the Cibie ones with the slightly rounded edges as found on Phase 1 106/306's - they might fit a 205, but they stick out like a sore thumb if you're wanting an original OE look, which I suspect is what Daviewonder discovered and why he returned them. Most of them are fog beam pattern too.