• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mhyphenl

Small Trim Bits Off The Doors

mhyphenl

Eh Up guys,

Just stripped down my doors for painting and have a few bits missing from one door. I have piccies of a couple of them as they're hard to describe.

First I have identified as a door window guide, it being missing from one door explains the fact that one window did seem to clunk when closing. Its the little triangular peice.

post-12223-0-59222600-1311597740_thumb.jpg

The other fairly thin fillet of plastic that fits over the edge of where the mirrors fit on the door, inside edge!

Can anyone identify this, the part number and most importantly does anyone have spares, particularly the window guide!?

cheers.

PS, the guy on ebay that sells fitting clips etc for trim, some of the bits are now NFP, does anyone know a cheaper source or does the guy give forum discount? they are quite pricey for the kits but thats probably because they're harder to get!

2-Pugs

Eh Up Martin

Long time no speak, hope you are well.

I do recognise the top bit but not the bottom tbh. But anyway what side door are the parts missing from (n/s or o/s)? I have three spare doors in my garage which are more or less complete and I am happy to pull out the required bits for you and put them in a jiffy bag and send them to you if thats any good?

When you talk about trim clips, what exactly are you after? Do you need the black rectangular pieces that slide on to the rivets and then the red stripe clips in to? Pretty sure I have a load of them too so just let me know how many you need :-)