• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
miamibungers

Are These The Same As Gti-6 Calipers?

miamibungers

Chaps, after a bit of help.

I'm looking to upgrade to gti-6 brakes on my 205gti6. I've read the fantastic article for the upgrade steps and have found some 307 calipers on the bay.

The seller states that they are for a 307hdi and the caliper has a Bosch part number of 0204Y01145 stamped on them.

Will these be the right ones for the upgrade?

Any help much appreciated.

M@tt

they are similar although the discs and pads are different so you need to make sure you buy 307discs and pads and not 306 ones as the offset is different, other than that they will be just fine

miamibungers

Thanks for clearing that up m@tt. I'll get them bought then! I read somewhere that I'll need longer brake hoses too, shall I just get 307 ones or will the 205 ones be ok (still running standard 5 speed 1.9 box)?

chipstick

How much are they?

I have pairs of GTi6 calipers for sale, keep the money close to home :lol:

miamibungers

38.75 each without the yokes?

Miles

That's allot when a pair of complete 6 ones are under a £100.00 these days, It's worth remembering that any Upgraded brake pad and disc will be cheaper on the 6 caliper as no one upgrades there 307 HDI unless completely mad

chipstick

Crikey, you have a PM! You can collect from me aswell as I am not a million miles away.

As Miles says, much more of a follwing for 306 GTi6, so more commonly available consumables.

Paul_13

That's allot when a pair of complete 6 ones are under a £100.00 these days, It's worth remembering that any Upgraded brake pad and disc will be cheaper on the 6 caliper as no one upgrades there 307 HDI unless completely mad

Agree'd my Mintex pads cost £110 for the 307 hdi brakes.

miamibungers

Chipstick, you have a PM dude.

Chaps, thanks for your help. I hadn't even thought about the upgradability of discs/pads for the 307 calipers.

Mintex 1144s on standard discs the best bet or grooved+/-drilled discs? I won't be tracking it for the short term and tbh the standard brakes aren't that bad but would like to know they're good for if it does venture onto track :-)

Paul_13

Mintex 1144 on standard discs worked bloody well for me!

RossD

Pretty sure the '307 Hdi' calipers are shared across quite a range of PSA cars, the 206 GTi 180 and the Xsara Hdi 110, probably more. Would you really need uprated pads when using these? My Xsara brakes have never faded much, even when deliberatly provoked into doing so, so in a light car such as the 205 it cant be that much of an issue unless you are doing lots of track work...... :-)

Edit: 206 Calipers have different part number but use same pads - Could be a different sized piston in this caliper maybe.

Edited by RossD