• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul_13

Damper Setting For Koni Adjustable Sport Struts With Eibach Springs

Paul_13

Just after what damper settings other people have used on their setups, want to get it roughly right so I don't have to pull the shocks off more than I need to.

I've got the following:

6 Engine

Koni adjustable sport dampers (yellow), Eibach 7001 (205 suspension setup on front)

309 rear beam, 21mm torsions, 24mm ARB

Bilstein rear tarmac dampers.

How much clicks on the shocks have people used?

I was thinking of turning them up full then backing them off 2-3 clicks?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Paul

camgti

Hi Paul,

I have a similar setup to you minus the 6 engine. Im heading to XU10 in the near future though. I have left the dampers on their factory settings and they seem to be very good. I am running standard springs at the moment ( 309 beam ) and our roads over here are much rougher than your roads so am probably going to stay with it but do have eibachs that I want to test. ( believe it or not your roads are baby bum smooth compared to ours ) One thing I have been finding is the rear ( although your running bilsteins ) seems to be a little stiff in the damping department. The front seems to be turning in great ( which I prefer ) and I can provoke the back to oversteer easily. Mind most of my driving is done under 70mph. Any higher and I would wither be upping the front spring to give me a more neutral back to front spring rate. Most of the time the Konis are a set to the softest ( but fairly stiff IMHO ) from the factory. Im not sure how of it the 'click' but if you could get the specs of what each click relates to some calculations could be performed..

What is it that you dont like at the moment and what are you using the car for? Mine is a daily and is at standard ( possibly a touch high ) ride height.

Cam

Paul_13

Ok, I thought that I would have to up the dampening on the front slightly due to the heavier 6 engine.

Also i'm unsure of the spring rate of the eibachs as they dont supply them.

The last shocks I had on the the front were Xsara shocks and they weren't up to the job by a mile!

KYB shocks on the rear were pretty soft aswell.

Were fully depressed the damper rod drops into a slot and I guessed it clicked around but have not tried yet.

They're 30mm drop springs if that helps

Anthony

For road use, I'd start with softest on the back, and one click from softest on the front and go from there.

Paul_13

Right they don't click, they have 2 and 1/2 turns of adjustment. I've wound them to softest and going 1 full rotation to stiffen them.

They're the ones where you depressed them shock fully and adjust them