• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gavbrum

Door Adhesive Tape

gavbrum

My car is getting repainted at the moment and I've had the adhesive strips removed. They were pretty tatty and were split in places. I checked with peugeot before hand to see if they stocked them after getting the part numbers off service box.

8659FV

8659FT

Ordered them today and I got a call soon after to say they were no longer available. ARRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!

No idea where else I can get them. Anyone?

I could possible make some as I have access to a laser cutter at uni but I would need to buy sheets of suitable material and more importantly I'd need the exact dimensions. Failing that I have no idea.

Any help will be as always be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Gav

welshpug

the black vinyl bits on the doors?

just find a local sign writer, they'll be able to do something to suit :)

gavbrum

3M black matte Uv resistant Self adhesive foil according to someone on another post. Is this the correct material?

Im still gonna need exact dimensions. Mines are in bits now so I can't measure. I think I can make them myself. If I can get exact dimensions I'd be willing to make more for folk on here.

gavbrum

Yeah welshpug

Black vinals.

Cheers.

GLPoomobile

Get the bodyshop to paint the pillar and door frame satin black. Job jobbed.

gavbrum

It's an option to paint it black, however I'd prefer to go as original as possible. Im a bit weird like that. Probably not the only one though.

gavbrum

I think when I get my car back I'll see if I can draw out the patterns and try get some templates made up on the computer.

If anyone knows where I can buy sheets of the vinyl from? That would be helpful.

Cheers

lemmingzappa

I just bought some black self-adhesive vinyl on ebay for about a quid and cut it to shape, then stuck on !

lemmingzappa

It looked identical, the vinyl even had the same rough texture to it. It was a long time ago though so I couldn't tell you which ebayer I bought it from.

Henry Yorke

On a non-GTI before I have just put a piece of matt black electrical tape down the side and it it looked fine as it tucked under the glass rubber and then had a straight edge down the inside of the door

post-3457-0-12456100-1310826423_thumb.jpg post-3457-0-19181200-1310826419_thumb.jpg

(second pic was when I fitted opening rear quarters too.)

I have some genuine Peugeot material for non 205 models, but not sure if it will be long enough and will need shaping to suit

chipstick

I will be doing this to mine. I only have gloss back in big enough rolls. I am guessing it is supposed to be Matt from new (22years of exposure makes me wonder!)

I have loads of wacky colours if people want to go crazy :lol:

Edited by chipstick

chipstick

That's very expensive. I have matt black vinyl with a texture to it, but unfortunately don't have enough of it.

If you want overly textured stuff (which I wouldn't of said the 205 came with) then you can still buy 306 pillar tape from Peugeot, but it is very textured, probably simular to the expensive Ebay stuff.

gavbrum

That's very expensive. I have matt black vinyl with a texture to it, but unfortunately don't have enough of it.

If you want overly textured stuff (which I wouldn't of said the 205 came with) then you can still buy 306 pillar tape from Peugeot, but it is very textured, probably simular to the expensive Ebay stuff.

Where bouts did you buy it from?

2-Pugs

Why not make them oversize and stick them on and then once stuck on use a sharp scalpel to trim them to exactly the right size. Got to be easier than getting on exactly the right size and shape first and then trying to fit it perfectly to the door pillar?

jesse390

Hello, I bought enough to do both doors and pillars for £6 including postege of ebay. I found the doors were easy but ive been informed that you need a heat gun to fit the pillars. Im on my second strip, DOH! Self Adhesive Black Textured Door Pillar Tape 6" Wide

ALEX

I was given a spare set of 206 vinyl stickers for mine when it was painted as my painter addmited cocking it up a bit when sticking them on.

He said he just cut cut them down as the 206 ones are bigger anyway.