• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

Rear Axle Help On 205 And Saxo

hcmini1989

Right i put a thicker ARB in my 205 and it made a hell of a racket when put on uneven ground .Its an X sport weld together job so i took it back out i was assmuing it had snapped .But when i removed it it was fine .So i put the standard one back in and its started clicking so i then removed that one and checked the splines and everything looks ok no signs of them slipping etc.So ive now taken the arb out and its as quiet as anything any ideas? what i should be looking at next.

Allso ive acuired a saxo vts .Its been lowerd and looks like its had a recon beam on .But it clicks when on uneven ground.Im assuming its the axle.Ive had it up on a ramp and theres no signs of play or camber so any ideas were to start or a point in the right direction from anybody elses experinces .

Anthony

Are the rubber bushes present on the ARB endplates on the 205 beam? It'll make a racket if they're not...

hcmini1989

Are the rubber bushes present on the ARB endplates on the 205 beam? It'll make a racket if they're not...

AH :rolleyes: .I thought they were only for keeping muck out only one side has it.Ill get a bush and give that a go.Cheers

Paul_13

That rubber bushe keeps the arb centralised in the trailing arm. Bet that's making a racket without it

hcmini1989

That rubber bushe keeps the arb centralised in the trailing arm. Bet that's making a racket without it

Ill sort some bushes out for it makes sense now .Because i couldnt see anything else a miss.

Anybody any idead on the saxo beam?.Could it be a bearing breaking up ? or maybe a dry bearing ,Its a weird clicking sound almost sounds like an exhaust just touching .The axle looks imaculate like its been powdercoated so im assuming its been refurd .And it was lowerd in january so its been apart recently so i donty think it would be seized jobby.

james_pug

One of my old 106s had a clicking beam and it turned out that replacing the bearings sorted it, you need to do them before they get to bad else they ruin the beam tube, they are easier to do than a 205 though.

hcmini1989

One of my old 106s had a clicking beam and it turned out that replacing the bearings sorted it, you need to do them before they get to bad else they ruin the beam tube, they are easier to do than a 205 though.

Ill have to strip it then see whats what cheers for the help