• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris H

Wilwood Dynalites Vs Std 1.9 Brakes- Opinions Please?

Chris H

Basically i have a budget 1.6 205 rally car which currently has std 1.9 calipers and disks with Pagid RS15 pads. I and everyone whos been in the car, find the brakes excellent. However, on my last rally i warped the disks (my own fault) and they need replacing.

The point of this thread is that i have a set of wilwood dynalites with 285mm disks sitting in the garage....all they need is new pads and for reliabilty i'd fit some new seals, this would cost me no more than a total of £50

So....do i just fit new disks and keep my current brake set up, or fit the wilwood 4 pots.......either option is going to cost me the same and should be no more than £50

Are good condition 1.9 brakes with quality pads as good as wilwoods, or will the wilwoods be a good upgrade, ok not up to the same performance as bremo, ap, alcon etc

The other option is just to sell on the wilwoods and use that money wisely.......or i could fit my spare alcon 4 pots......now....where did i say budget!!

welshpug

will they fit under the wheels you use currently?

Chris H

Yeah, the wilwoods came off my other 205 rally car when i fitted my PTS Alcons on that car....and the wilwoods have sat on the shelf since! They fit with std 1.9 alloys wich is good.

Bas

Do you know where the wilwood brackets came from?

Do you know where the 285 disc's (2 or 1 piece?) came from?

I'm in the procees of making my compbrake willwood calipers work.

So far I've ordered 285mm AP rotors and need to make Bell's and brackets.

Chris H

Do you know where the wilwood brackets came from?

Do you know where the 285 disc's (2 or 1 piece?) came from?

I'm in the procees of making my compbrake willwood calipers work.

So far I've ordered 285mm AP rotors and need to make Bell's and brackets.

The kit i have originally came from rally design. It has a 1 piece disk which is actually off an old rover 800 with a 4 stud 108mm pcd redrilled on them.

edbar

I needed a 15mm spacer to clear my wheels. My kit is about ten years old now but still stop the car very well, better than my 1.9 set up did anyway.

TT205

Is weight an issue for you? - iirc the willwood discs are a lot heavier than standard 1.9 one's

edbar

But the calipers are half the weight.