• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
backroadpug

Re Fitting Standard Seats

backroadpug

Hi all im fitting the standard GTI seats back in to my 205. Im i right on thinking there should be 2x plastic spacers under the subframe at the rear?

Cheers

Anthony

There is one spacer per bolt, so five per seat in total :)

backroadpug

mmm I can only find 4 god knows where the rest have gone altho its been 7 years.lol

Would it be ok to just bolt them straight to the floor or should i just make washers to the same size as the 4 i have.

Cheers

Pugleyrich

Will be fine to the floor. Seen loads without for lower seating position

allye

They are fine without, I'v taken them out because I'm 6'5'! :lol:

McDude

I also took mine out to lower the seat (along with the tilting mechanism). I bought washers that were a similar size (on the face, not the depth), but it appears that this probably wasn't necessary.

Tom Fenton

I took mine out and replaced with penny washers to save that 3/8" or so.

However I would advise getting the penny washers, 205 seat mounting points on the body are not the strongest as it is, and its not unknown for them to crack, so better to spread the load with a washer, and Peugeot obviously thought so too, as otherwise they probably would not have fitted spacers.

tri_longer

205 seat mounting points on the body are not the strongest as it is, and its not unknown for them to crack, so better to spread the load with a washer, and Peugeot obviously thought so too, as otherwise they probably would not have fitted spacers.

I can vouch for that as a fornt end smash I had some years ago ripped the seat off two of the mounting points, so someting to bear i mind.