• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smithy

Engine Wiring Harness

smithy

Apologies would have searched but cannot on iPhone.

I am in process of getting 8valve engine out and was wondering how easy it is to remove the wiring harness out of car.

It is completely disconnected engine side and brown plugs under dash,but the wiring to ECU goes up above steering column and feels like it is securely tied in place but cannot see where.is it straightforward to release wiring and after getting it free will the ECU plug actually fit through the hole in bulkhead?

Anthony

You need to partly remove the dashboard to get the loom out intact, but that's actually surprisingly quick/easy. Once free, it will all go through the bulkhead hole just fine :)

smithy

Thanks Anthony,is it just a case of top dash and clocks out or will there be more to remove?

Anthony

From memory, it's just a case of instrument cowling, and undoing the various nuts/bolts that hold the main section of the dash in place so that you can pull it forward a few inches and draw the loom through and then bolt the dash back up and refit the cowling. It's been a while since I've done it, but I'm sure someone will confirm that there's nothing else that you need to do.

smithy

thanks will give it a bash tomorrow.

smithy

You were spot on Anthony had to unbolt and pull back dash enough to remove ECU mounting plate,I could then guide the loom out.